• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: To be a Jock

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "To be a Jock"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    nothing can detract from defeating the French home and away
    Indeed. Welcome to the party - the English used to do this regular as clockwork in the middle ages.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Yes, sorry scoot, my post was a bit esoteric.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Really?
    Bit of a common misconception, the old every scotsmen hates england myth. Don't get me wrong, plenty do - but name me any small country neighbored by a big one where people don't think this way?

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Glorious goal...the goalie got a touch but a cracking kick!!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Ah so that's what happened...

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/franc...cfadden_events

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Unlike the mean-spirited Scots, all English people wish the Scots well
    I want England to do well. The only sport I can't stand England at is rugby, bunch of arrogant feckers, but footy and cricket I always want them to win.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Don't be a tit all your life...take a day off!!!

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Don't be a tit all your life...take a day off!!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Reading the French presss this morning (www.lemonde.fr) they are fairly nonchalant about this defeat - given their remaining games are Faroes Lithunia and Ukraine then that is fair commment.

They gave credit to Scotland describing their performance as Solid and opportunistic (altough I thought the goal was magnificent).

Still we have our work cut out to qualify - least of all the prospect of Italy in our final match -maybe we shall not qualify in the end - but nothing can detract from defeating the French home and away - a historic victory.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Reading the French presss this morning (www.lemonde.fr) they are fairly nonchalant about this defeat - given their remaining games are Faroes Lithunia and Ukraine then that is fair commment.

They gave credit to Scotland describing their performance as Solid and opportunistic (altough I thought the goal was magnificent).

Still we have our work cut out to qualify - least of all the prospect of Italy in our final match -maybe we shall not qualify in the end - but nothing can detract from defeating the French home and away - a historic victory.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 September 2007, 09:05.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Swings and round-abouts - we've had plenty of bad luck over the years, this time we got some of the good kind. Anyway, not actually true - part of the game is defence, and we defended very well, not your panic stricken hoof it upfield kind either - very composed. There wasn't a single player that didn't do his bit and the French looked very average apart from a 10 min spell in the 2nd half
    I agree, my favourite radio phone-in program is football oriented (here in scotland) and throughout the last week I don't think I heard a single person say that he expected the Scots to win, most expected a draw.
    What will probably happen now is that the Scots will get over-confident and lose their next two matches; fail to qualify again and then the post-mortems will begin! (mind you, I expect that to happen with the English team too!)

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Pretty spectacular goal it was too. 30 yards out, swerving all over the place...

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Swings and round-abouts - we've had plenty of bad luck over the years, this time we got some of the good kind. Anyway, not actually true - part of the game is defence, and we defended very well, not your panic stricken hoof it upfield kind either - very composed. There wasn't a single player that didn't do his bit and the French looked very average apart from a 10 min spell in the 2nd half
    The contrast between last night and the (not too distant) days of battling for a draw with the Faroe Islands was incredible. Like you say, composed even up to the end - the French commentary in injury time was pure hysteria.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    They were lucky

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    They were lucky
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X