• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Perfect Breakfast"

Collapse

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Society nowadays, eh?
    We get a couple of good cooks and make them stars like they've solved world poverty or something. Or get some thick East London blockhead who can kick a ball a bit and make him God.
    No good will come of it - a society gets the heroes it deserves.
    I think it is more an UK thing, there is a distinct lack of stars in this country, movie, sporting or otherwise. Weird.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Society nowadays, eh?
    We get a couple of good cooks and make them stars like they've solved world poverty or something. Or get some thick East London blockhead who can kick a ball a bit and make him God.
    As Mike Smash once said when asked how he'd solve world hunger, "Make 'em sandwiches".

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Society nowadays, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    That explains it all...

Great Uncle Cadwallader went missing in Leeds... maybe it's his guts that MPW is cooking....
    At least you've got some sense of closure now. However cold that may be...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The barsteward.
    No mate, have you not been listening? He's a Chef! Born in Leeds like!

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    MPW: A greasy, once talented (but now a shadow of his former self), all at sea, all-but-finished, these days a joke of a jumped-up burger van hobbit non-entity, trying to out-nasty Gordon Ramsay (but failing). There. I've said it.

Incidentally, Raymond Blanc: went to Raymond Blanc's Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons twice (last year, and the year before). First time was heavenly; second time was fooking crap - and I mean crap. He's lost the magic - probably all eaten-up with jealousy with Ramsay (a lesser chef) getting all the limelight. And he's hardly made amends with his current, rubbishy "The Restaurant" show... dire stuff, indeed.

I'm off for a Big Mac.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    What makes you say he is pretentious? His name?

(I have to say I am very perplexed by northeners though, seem to be angry for no reason, all of the time)

Every time I see him, I think "pretentious"...nothing to do with his name, more his personality!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

(I have to say I am very perplexed by northeners though, seem to be angry for no reason, all of the time)
    Not angry, we just have a different sense of humour, decency, set of morals. That's all really. Perhaps it's just frustration at having to deal with ill-educated southern retards who have their heads up their own arses all day.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Ok so he is a pretentious coont, born in Leeds with a froggy name?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Independence?

I don't think they've got electricity yet, have they?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge View Post
    I thought that was in Cornwall or somewhere equally medieval?
    Have they got independence yet?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Do they have lizards in Leeds then?

I thought that was in Cornwall or somewhere equally medieval?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Italian/Froggy name.

But other than that, yes you pretty much have it right on the nail.

Don't forget the lizard gizzards!

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    I was rather hoping others would add their perfect breakfast...rather than it be a debate about MPW's looks or sausage.
    Okay, the cafe over the road from client I'm at does a great 'breakfast sandwich'. I normallt get in the office for 7am to check e-mail, give them a ring to warn them I'm coming over the road. Pickup said sandwich with my mocha. Gives me more time to flirt with the girls behind the counter who strangely seem to all be East European imports.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X