• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Human Traits...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Human Traits..."

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Anyone with a pram: used as if it's a weapon!
    That's the whole point of having a pram!

People walking slowly in front of me bugs the hell out of me - especially if they are weaving all over the place so you can't get by. That's why I offer to push the pushchair at home - it moves them out of the way sharpish when you mow the ****ers down.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Hey troll..... watch it!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    You mean Johnny Bloody foreigner- the Welsh, Scots & Irish...feck em all
    Hey troll..... watch it!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Those intolerant of people from other countries.

And the Dutch
    You mean Johnny Bloody foreigner- the Welsh, Scots & Irish...feck em all

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    People complaining about other people.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    People who can't be bothered to spell rite and don't know how to use apostrophe's

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    I wasn't plagiarising (sp?) honest guv. We obviously share the same irritations
    I am sure I have heard a comic (can't remember which one) covering the same ground in an act.

Unfortunately it is true though.

Years ago I did work in a supermarket and the checkout staff were always told to hand the card and both receipts back to the customer in one go because this is what customers preferred. How wrong It was what women preferred because they would just open their handbag and drop the card and receipts in together.

As a man, I have a separate holder for my cards so I like to get the card back and have time to put it back into its holder while the receipts are printing, which then into my pocket.

At last it seems that chip and pin has made the transaction process more man friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    Also pointed out by Bill Bryson in Notes From A Small Island. I have noticed that it is true, one day I will say "For goodness sake, you do not have to pack all your shopping before getting out your credit card - give the cashier it now"
    I wasn't plagiarising (sp?) honest guv. We obviously share the same irritations

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    lol - I love it when I'm in a queue, and someone of the fairer sex gets to the front and acts like its such a major surprise when they're asked for payment. This is of course followed by a few minutes rumbling around in bag, then purse to retrieve said payment. My favourite is when they insist on getting the correct change out too. That doesn't wind me up at all.
    Also pointed out by Bill Bryson in Notes From A Small Island. I have noticed that it is true, one day I will say "For goodness sake, you do not have to pack all your shopping before getting out your credit card - give the cashier it now"

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    lol - I love it when I'm in a queue, and someone of the fairer sex gets to the front and acts like its such a major surprise when they're asked for payment. This is of course followed by a few minutes rumbling around in bag, then purse to retrieve said payment. My favourite is when they insist on getting the correct change out too. That doesn't wind me up at all.
    People that act like they've never used a cash machine before and insist on reading every instruction, or poor people that have a fist full of cash/credit cards and they try each one just to see if there's any credit left so they can buy some crack.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Ditto old people in buggies.

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    3/ People messing about when paying for things

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    People who put their feet on the seat in trains. I told some geezer to get them off the other day, and although he did, he grunted at me as if I was in the wrong. He's a regular commuter too.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    People who don't know whether it's "to", "too" or "two".
    sorry, I will of course give myself a thorough dressing down for such stupidity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X