• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lunch for under £2"

Collapse

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Not sure if its an urban legend or not, but I hear that if you follow the Hari Krishnas back to their temple when they are out and about, they feed you for free if you listen to them talk about their religion for a bit.

They get to preach, you get to eat.
    no need to follow them around. Just go to harekrishna temple ,watford on a sunday and you can have absolutely delicious food at very low prices or sometime free

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Not sure if its an urban legend or not, but I hear that if you follow the Hari Krishnas back to their temple when they are out and about, they feed you for free if you listen to them talk about their religion for a bit.

They get to preach, you get to eat.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Sounds like Stig of the Dump.
    I do wonder myself sometimes.

When his colleague of 20 years left the firm (they work together in a small office, just the two of them) he arranged a leaving do for his mate.

I say arranged in the loosest possible sense.

He rung the other depts in a panic at 5.00 pm and asked us all to come down to say goodbye to John.

So 30 of us all bundle down to the basement, where the 2 guys work.

Stig thanks us for all coming. Says that it's John's last day. And presents him with....A Cadbury's Creme Egg.

You could have heard a pin drop.

One of the most embarassing and saddest goodbyes I have ever witnessed.

(Afterwards someone asked Stig why a Creme Egg. Apparently, they were John's favourite.)

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I you don't do some work today so will you
    Right, I'm on it!

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Saxondale?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Guy I work with has a rule...his lunch must cost no more that 37.5 pence a day.

Consequently he will by a Tesco Value meal, divide it in to 3-4 portions, and have 1 portion a day, with the rest of the packet left in the fridge for the following day.

And before you ask, yes, he is a Unix dinosaur, he wears the sandals, the ripped t-shirt, has a scraggly beard, and drinks real ale. He does use deodrant though.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    If you're not careful, your lunchtime decisions will be offshored in future...

Much cheapy cheapo ... what was it again?
    I you don't do some work today so will you

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by beaker View Post
    I know, I went over budget
    If you're not careful, your lunchtime decisions will be offshored in future...

Much cheapy cheapo ... what was it again?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Guy I work with has a rule...his lunch must cost no more that 37.5 pence a day.

Consequently he will by a Tesco Value meal, divide it in to 3-4 portions, and have 1 portion a day, with the rest of the packet left in the fridge for the following day.

And before you ask, yes, he is a Unix dinosaur, he wears the sandals, the ripped t-shirt, has a scraggly beard, and drinks real ale. He does use deodrant though.

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    I know, I went over budget

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Good spot Francko! He obviously didn't test his solution properly!

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by beaker View Post
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I managed to find a local Greggs and I gave their Mexican chicken roll a try at exactly £2.00.

Not bad at all, better than mum's anyway.
    That is still not less than 2 pounds. Otherwise you should have said less or equal than £ 2. I hope you are not a programmer.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I know the place you're referring to.

After eating, it would also lead to a cracking great sh1t!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    There used to be places all round the west-end that did a slice of pizza for £1.50 plus as much salad as you could pile on the plate. The pizza wasn't great but some of the salads were pretty good.

There was a cracking one just under the big neon signs at Piccadilly Circus, that also did a cracking kebab.
    Sounds like a cracking good deal

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    There used to be places all round the west-end that did a slice of pizza for £1.50 plus as much salad as you could pile on the plate. The pizza wasn't great but some of the salads were pretty good.

There was a cracking one just under the big neon signs at Piccadilly Circus, that also did a cracking kebab.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X