• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Murderer welcome to stay in the UK"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    I'm surprised Stephen Lawrence wasn't posthumously convicted of assaulting the bloke's knife-carrying hand by throwing his chest at it.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    You know you cant do that cause you will be infringing his human rights!

Mailman
    If it was my family, I would be at the gate waiting for him. Justice would then be served....the old fashioned way!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Surely this guy is a threat to disorder...what after having murdered someone?

If France can flout the EU rules, so can Blighty!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    Is that true? Is there an EU law against deporting anyone between EU countries?
    Yes. Under various articles going back many years the principle is that a EU citizen can generally only be deported on grounds of public policy, security and health, e.g. threat of disorder, terrorism, contagious disease etc.

This is reaffirmed under directive 2004/38/EC.

While some may not like such laws, others perhaps (myself included) find it nice to know that they can't be thrown be out of a country simply because their pension may be 10 quid short of the average, or because they happen to get a few parking tickets.

Unfortunately while the UK seems to slavishly follow such rules various other countries seem to give them no more than mere lip service.

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Looks more like a daily mail reader to me

Personally I question the system that lets a murderer out after only 12 years. Anyone giving odds on the time to next offence?
    About another 4 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    So wrong...string him up by the nuts!!!
    You know you cant do that cause you will be infringing his human rights!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    He's been in the UK from age 6; did the stabbing at age 15; been in prison up to age 26.
    Yes it's possible he came over from Italy as a 6-year-old apprentice murderer, waiting for his chance. But more likely I think, that it was growing up in Britain that turned him into a killer; in which case it wouldn't be fair on the Italians, or him, to deport him there.
    Looks more like a daily mail reader to me

Personally I question the system that lets a murderer out after only 12 years. Anyone giving odds on the time to next offence?

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Seems to be quite a few Gruadian readers on here lately
    It's Grauniad, idiot.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricChair
    replied
    He's been in the UK from age 6; did the stabbing at age 15; been in prison up to age 26.
    Yes it's possible he came over from Italy as a 6-year-old apprentice murderer, waiting for his chance. But more likely I think, that it was growing up in Britain that turned him into a killer; in which case it wouldn't be fair on the Italians, or him, to deport him there.
    Is life fair? about time the Italians found out.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Lefty poof.
    Seems to be quite a few Gruadian readers on here lately

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Lefty poof.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The law is the law. He was an EC citizen who had lived here for 10 years.
    End of story. That is what the "Rule of law" means.

As for the law being an ass, that's another story.
    Quite. Our Human Rights Act was drafted by New Labour, who have proved time and again that "attention to detail" doesn't extend beyond their expense claims!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Methuselah View Post
    He is an EU citizen, so one part of the EU can't just deport him to another part of the EU.
    Is that true? Is there an EU law against deporting anyone between EU countries?

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Surely his life is only in the UK because he's been in prison here for 11 years?
    Good point! Surely being banged-up should mean that the meter stops running for that sort of claim?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X