• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: LinkedIn.com

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LinkedIn.com"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Yes, but there again, I have several identities on there to keep 'friends' apart from each other.
    What, like Prince Charles and Mohammed Al Fayed?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Yes, but there again, I have several identities on there to keep 'friends' apart from each other.
    You haven't got the hang of this "networking" lark yet, have you?

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    I have a profile there - mostly to keep updated on ex-coworkers and the likes.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    Is anyone one here a member, I am and have found several old work contacts....its a good way to keep in touch.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
    I'm on it. Got quite a lot of connections but then I've been about a bit ... !!

Have had e-mails about possible work because of it, but have had also had calls trying to get business from me because of it (doesn't help that the switchboard will put people straight to me!!)

Hate it when the professional networkers (only got mates in the virtual world) send me invites when I have never heard of them.

Like it when someone I worked with years ago who I liked gets in touch

Windy
    Ditto - I've found some old colleagues who I'd lost touch with, but I've also had lots of junk in there as well.

I do keep it up to date, so that people can see where I am working, and so that people can get hold of me easily. I also have a link to the CV from my blog and website.

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    I'm on it. Got quite a lot of connections but then I've been about a bit ... !!

Have had e-mails about possible work because of it, but have had also had calls trying to get business from me because of it (doesn't help that the switchboard will put people straight to me!!)

Hate it when the professional networkers (only got mates in the virtual world) send me invites when I have never heard of them.

Like it when someone I worked with years ago who I liked gets in touch

Windy

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Woo I now have 8 connections

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I'm in - got 50 something contacts.

I also signed up to the PCG group on there, just as an extra thingy on my CV.

I've had some contacts through there, but no work come from it yet...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I'm on LinkedIn and have made contact with some of the chaps I used to work with.

It all helps with the old networking thing. You get out what you put in.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I'm on it - might be in line for some work from it in the autumn for somebody I used to work for.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Yes, although I have never had anything come from it, it cannot do too much harm (hopefully not famous last words)

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Yes. Only 1 contact. But he is a techie "star". So I win.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I have an account and had a raft of things come through it about 2 weeks ago. I put it down to 1 agency suddenly realising it was there and spamming everybody on thier mailing lists.

Must admit i have it just sitting there and haven't bothered adding any details, if I get a few more agents asking me to join thier network I may bother putting something up next time i'm on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Yes but I can never be arsed with it.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    started a topic LinkedIn.com

LinkedIn.com

Is anyone one here a member, I am and have found several old work contacts....its a good way to keep in touch.

Working...
X