• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Is it worth...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is it worth..."

Collapse

• beaker
    replied
    Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    started a topic Is it worth...

Is it worth...

...buying a flat in London if I only stay in the UK for another 3 years? Common sense tells me "no", as I may well get wiped out by an impending crash in prices if and when I sell, plus I'll have to pay stamp duty, agents fees etc and then it will cost about 50% more for a mortgage on a similar flat to the one I'm currently renting. But then again the market might keep on rising and I could end up with a tidy profit, which will buy a lot more in Oz or Canada.

If I keep renting what should I do with the spare cash? Invest it in the swiftly declining share market? Keep it in cash? Blow it all on fast cars and women?

As a rule do you buy if you move somewhere new, or rent until you've decided to settle there? Any good/bad experiences?

Working...
X