• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Doomed!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doomed!"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Just returned to blighty from a 3 week holiday & discovered all the properties in the area have been sold..... boomed I tell ya!
    A fool and his money............

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    i have a crisp £5 note if anyone is looking to sell their house

Markets based on Fear and Greed? surely not, things have changed since those days?!

Just returned to blighty from a 3 week holiday & discovered all the properties in the area have been sold..... boomed I tell ya!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    I lost a few quid today on the stock markets.

I await your friendly support on this matter.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Me?

I am going to buy another house

Just have to wait for somebody to have a nice one repo'd

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Panic

It's all you can do

It's out of control

Run for the hills

Your money is now worthless

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    He'll be telling them all 'Don't Panic' next.
    There may be some tough times here in America. But this country was gone through tough times before, and we're going to do it again." —George W. Bush, Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    From the BBC..
    The declines in the US markets came despite attempts by President George W Bush to calm market fears.

He'll be telling them all 'Don't Panic' next.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    From the BBC..
    The declines in the US markets came despite attempts by President George W Bush to calm market fears.

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    Or a major bank....but you probably dont wanna be saddled with their debts..

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    You could probably buy an entire street in Newcastle or Middlesbrough.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Markets based on Fear and Greed? surely not, things have changed since those days?!

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    when did you see this before?

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    Market was recovering...but is on its way down again....yey!!!!

Assuming the whole economy doesn't go, I'd assume most contractors have more stashed away than tied up in mortgages etc....so good news

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    For the uninitiated and ignorant (probably just the latter...) such as myself, could you explain what you mean in english, please?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X