• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hurrah! Another dead scrote..."

Collapse

• daviejones
    replied
    Justice is not just something that is dished out by the legal system...but I think he found his!!!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And where does that leave his ambition to be a serial killer?
    That particular career avenue is now well and truly closed...

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af
    I bet that's what he said about his victims.
    Nice.

Who knows. Some people, it seems, believe he was too ill to know what he was doing, so maybe he wasn't thinking anything of the sort.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    [QUOTE=BBC]She said: "Despite our incessant pleas to health services, social services and to the police, Daniel was often turned away, passed from one group of professionals to another and left without the support and help he so obviously and desperately needed."

Victims Derek and Jean Robinson, Kevin Molloy and Marie Harding

She said phone calls had gone unanswered, notes had gone missing and various people had told her they could not help or had passed her on to someone else.

"We met individual decent, caring professionals who were dedicated and hard working, but even they could not sustain any support over time as Daniel was moved from one service to another," she said

Ms Savage said she had written a letter to social services at one point, asking: "Does my son have to commit murder to get help?"

And Ms Savage said her son had himself written a letter to his GP begging for help.

The letter, which he took to the doctor by hand, said: "Please, please, help me, this is very urgent.

'Shocked and horrified'

"I really, really do need medical help to find the correct environment and the correct medication."

Ms Savage said: "Every time we asked for help... we were told we would have to wait for a crisis to occur before he could have the help he needed.

"I did not know something dreadful was going to happen, but I was scared."
    [QUOTE]
    This is typical of systemic failures in healthcare. Some hardworking caring people in the NHS failing to deliver proper healthcare because of poor systems. Systemic failures are a key cause of 'adverse incident' (not a nice phrase, I know). Sometimes these are drug errors that can be fatal. Sometimes, it's people left at home to die by out-of-hours GP services. In this case, the results are dramatic and appalling because the ill person is not the prinicipal victim of the failures.

Leave a comment:

• barely_pointless
    replied
    This chap murdered some innocent folks, he then found himself, as a direct result of his previous actions, in a brutally unforgiving place, that eventually cost him his own life.

That's the rub, don't do 5hit that you cannot accept responsibility for.

same deal with the septics in Iraq, they blew god damn mother hell out of the place in a big shock and awe, went in and made a mess of the domestic situation toute suite,now they are complaining about how everyone hates them, which leads me to the same conclusion ..................don't do 5hit that you cannot accept responsibility for.

same deal with just about every bloody politican on earth., they never accept responsibility for their actions, infact thats why insurance companies thrive, because we are taught not to accept responsibility for our actions.

did not work in the case of this Gonzalez chap, I won't shed any tears, and I won't delight in his death, but I will delight in the sequence of natural justice.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Makes one feel sorry for his mum though...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/4814122.stm

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    I am glad he is dead. I am happy about it.

I bet that's what he said about his victims.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    It is still your opinion. It is what you believe about illnesses, healthcare, diagnosis faiings, etc.

Your opinion may be very PC, but I can't help but think about the situation from the victims' families perspective. He was ill, yes, but I don't weep for the system failing because he died. The innocent victims are the ones he stabbed.
    My opinion has nothing to do with PC, except in as much as the tabloid press has labelled loads of things PC which have nothing to do with Political Correctness.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    It isn't more rational because it's mine. It's more rational because it looks at the relationship of causes and effects between, illness, healthcare, behaviour, politics and the judicial system, taking into consideration how mental illness manifests itself, how NHS mental health services continue to fail to diagnose and treat people properly, and how these failures can lead to violence in a small minority of schizophrenics.
    It is still your opinion. It is what you believe about illnesses, healthcare, diagnosis faiings, etc.

Your opinion may be very PC, but I can't help but think about the situation from the victims' families perspective. He was ill, yes, but I don't weep for the system failing because he died. The innocent victims are the ones he stabbed.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaqqer

The fact that he was ill should count for something - even the yanks don't fry those that are insane / ill and kill.
    Indeed, they simply elect them to High Office.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    He picked on the weak and the elderly like only a true coward could.
    Unless, of course, he happened to have a psychotic, schizophrenic episode when he was near old people.

Maybe it was induced by being in a Post Office on a Tuesday?

The fact that he was ill should count for something - even the yanks don't fry those that are insane / ill and kill.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Old Greg, do you think you could be so analytical and dismissive of blame, fully supportive of these peoples medical needs, if some mentally ill bloke brutally killed all your family one day?
    Probably not but what's that got to do with justice? If you want to stop these things happening, the answer isn't nastier punishment, it's better treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    We?

Your opinion is different, OG, but because it is your opinion that does not mean it is more rational.
    It isn't more rational because it's mine. It's more rational because it looks at the relationship of causes and effects between, illness, healthcare, behaviour, politics and the judicial system, taking into consideration how mental illness manifests itself, how NHS mental health services continue to fail to diagnose and treat people properly, and how these failures can lead to violence in a small minority of schizophrenics.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by barely_pointless
    here.
    LOL - good to get some humour back into the debate

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956
    it's caused by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain
    Thankfully this current bout of death he is experiencing has equalised the balance again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X