• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Friday Doom - And so it begins..."

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts
    the egyptian stock market is up !!

probably some dodgy pyramid selling scheme afoot there though

Sri Lanka's doing ok, as well.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And where's Zathras when we need him?
    I need the badass Shadows here, Zeity. There are a few people I'd like bumped off

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    the egyptian stock market is up !!

probably some dodgy pyramid selling scheme afoot there though

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Well sasguru is quids in, provided they factor in all the "love" he has made to himself with his hands!!
    How the Hell are you SB ?

BTW I have recently made a new pal in Edinburgh - who served as Major in the Black Watch for fifteen years then left in 2001 - must be one of the funniest and most intelligent person I have ever met.

BTW he was totally opposed to the Iraq War.

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    I don't understand how it can go up 1 day by 3% then down the next day.
    Can't they make there minds up on what the value of a company is.
    3% is billions. Efficient market hyphosis by rear.

I'm sure I made a spello somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    FTSE 100 now 3.00% down on the day. I don't understand any of it but I enjoy the drama.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I'm sure it will all get better with a kiss.

Probably now's the best time to put some more money in and catch the bounce.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    "If you go to Zahadoom, you will die".
    Z'ha'dum

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    ok, ok futures are now pointing to a terrible opening we are all doooommmed etc, wheres the window

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    markets are in a free fall. Only the opening of the Dow can help it. Although I think that's going to make it even worse. This could end being really bad today. I was predicting this morning that the FTSE would be 5??? points by the end of next week. Who knows it could even be today.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by RightLaugh

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by RightLaugh
    oh dear. So happy I took all my dosh out of the markets (FTSE 100 = 6550) in Apr/May and paid off the mortgage.
    I love high interest rates, markets and property values falling.
    They seek me here, they seek me there, I am the TheRightStuff.

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    oh dear. So happy I took all my dosh out of the markets (FTSE 100 = 6550) in Apr/May and paid off the mortgage.
    I love high interest rates, markets and property values falling.
    They seek me here, they seek me there, I am the shadow.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    And in the End
    The Love you Take
    Is equal to the Love
    You Make ...
    Well sasguru is quids in, provided they factor in all the "love" he has made to himself with his hands!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X