• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CenterParcs - advice please"

Collapse

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    I suspect it would have been 9/10 if they had managed to off the inlaws instead of just giving them a dodgy belly...

It's not known as CentrePukes for nothing you know...

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
    8/10 for food posinoning?

Blimey, what score do you give if you get E.Coli?

Glad you had a good time.
    I suspect it would have been 9/10 if they had managed to off the inlaws instead of just giving them a dodgy belly...

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    8/10 for food posinoning?

Blimey, what score do you give if you get E.Coli?

Glad you had a good time.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Just to let people know CentreParcs was fine, no ‘chavs’ to speak of and a good time was had by all. The car park looked like an Audi/BMW/RangeRover forecourt so it was a good indication of the type of clientele.

On a side note I would highly recommend the Italian restaurant but avoid the Indian like the plague as all 8 people were ill the next day but luckily we were going home anyway.

Overall 8/10

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Well it’s full of sports activities... what attire do you suggest???

So you ARE a chav then!?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect
    Touchy GJ! I wasn't implying that anyone on here was a chav (I've been to CP once before myself and I own no tracksuits or burberry), merely that CP has a high concentration of them.
    Well it’s full of sports activities... what attire do you suggest???

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    I think the term ‘chav’ is somewhat overused these days, if you're not holidaying in 'Bora Bora' you must be going to some god-awful chav hell hole.

I think the peak season price will keep out most of the undesirables and yes we are staying in an 'executive' apartment.
    Touchy GJ! I wasn't implying that anyone on here was a chav (I've been to CP once before myself and I own no tracksuits or burberry), merely that CP has a high concentration of them.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Chav parcs, it truely is the noughties equivalent of butlins. Have fun, watch out for the tattoos and faaarrrrccckin ells of the greater spotted burberry bird.
    I think the term ‘chav’ is somewhat overused these days, if you're not holidaying in 'Bora Bora' you must be going to some god-awful chav hell hole.

I think the peak season price will keep out most of the undesirables and yes we are staying in an 'executive' apartment.

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster
    That's only at Whinfell and Sherwood. You don't get that at Longleat. Also, stay in the VIP accomodation instead of the 'cheap' chalets...even less likely to be sat next to undesirables due to the price uplift.
    You've been to them all, then? That shows great resolve, or something.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Chav parcs, it truely is the noughties equivalent of butlins. Have fun, watch out for the tattoos and faaarrrrccckin ells of the greater spotted burberry bird.
    That's only at Whinfell and Sherwood. You don't get that at Longleat. Also, stay in the VIP accomodation instead of the 'cheap' chalets...even less likely to be sat next to undesirables due to the price uplift.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    p.s. is that libellous? is it possible to libel a whole burgeoning underclass?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone
    Beeing forced to go with the ball and chain's family later in the year. I suspect it will be nothing less than Hell on earth with grinning "walky" types and Butlins style forced fun

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied

Epiphone... just relax and do what you want, it sounds as if you're dreading the in-laws more than the place.
    It's all off now but I still get the brownie points for agreeing to go in the first place. So ya me

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    What I like about Center Parcs is having a surly waitress keep me waiting for 45 minutes and then serve me a cold tastless burger and chips, with a diet coke for £14.99
    Try the Triangle Cafe in Hitchin. An omelette costs £7!! That's a normal cheese omelette, nothing special, just an omelette.

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    What I like about Center Parcs is having a surly waitress keep me waiting for 45 minutes and then serve me a cold tastless burger and chips, with a diet coke for £14.99
    Everything in life is relative. You ever been to Little Chef?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X