• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Out the window

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Out the window"

Collapse

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    He is going to get a still made of it and put it in the newspapers.
    More publicity - is the individual recruiting.....?!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Don't people realise having a BMW or Merc comes with ownership of the highways?

If you have a Merc it also entitles you to hold traffic up like a tractor does, the longer the queue the more kudos."

I've looked on the Merc site and seen that they do not offer indicators as one of the available options. Surely they should review this judging by the fact that none of the feckers ever actually use them and expect everybody to know where they are heading.

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    I'm not holding my breath.
    Don't worry - if they do catch him, he'll be punished severely with a slap on the wrist and a £5 fine. Don't let anyone tell you that the British police aren't interested in stamping out low level criminal damage and vandalism.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Update on car damage.

Constable Plod has investigated and says the CCTV has a good picture of the immigrant damaging another car in our street. He is going to get a still made of it and put it in the newspapers.

I'm not holding my breath.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang
    My god - where on earth do you live?!!

Well done on "doing your bit" regarding the BMW!!
    I live in London on the weekends, and another place during the week.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Don't people realise having a BMW or Merc comes with ownership of the highways?

If you have a Merc it also entitles you to hold traffic up like a tractor does, the longer the queue the more kudos.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    I'm a bit mad about damage to cars at the moment as my own was jumped on by some 'north african' at the weekend.
    My god - where on earth do you live?!!

Well done on "doing your bit" regarding the BMW!!

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Why almost......?!!
    Didn't want to get blood on my studs.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Did you do anything about it such as leave a note on the windscreen of the other cars? An anonymous note with the reg of the BMW would have helped....

I did as a matter of fact. I asked the offending bad driver to leave her details and pretended to photograph her with my phone.

As far as I could see she did leave her details.

I'm a bit mad about damage to cars at the moment as my own was jumped on by some 'north african' at the weekend. Still waiting to find out the cost of getting it fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    ......so I went to the window.....
    Did you do anything about it such as leave a note on the windscreen of the other cars? An anonymous note with the reg of the BMW would have helped....

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut
    He almost got a kicking out of principle alone.
    Why almost......?!!

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    Standard practice in some places. Mate lived in Brussels and they considered bumpers as just that, when parking they kept going till nudging the car behind. Mate not impressed when it happened to his GTi.
    Agreed. Me and some mates were going to five-a-side footy game one evening with a French bloke driving us. He parallel parked into a space by hitting the car behind, then hitting the car in front to make enough room.

Looking around at our horrified, mouths agape, expressions he said: "What? It is the French way, no?". He almost got a kicking out of principle alone.

I think that's why Peugeots and Citroens are so mediocre. It's not considered that important that they last!

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones
    But, being a woman, she would not have listened, hence the bad parking!!!
    It was her driving test. Obvious, really.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    I was waiting for that.

She did have a man with her. (probably telling her how to park!)
    But, being a woman, she would not have listened, hence the bad parking!!!

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Standard practice in some places. Mate lived in Brussels and they considered bumpers as just that, when parking they kept going till nudging the car behind. Mate not impressed when it happened to his GTi.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X