• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Nanny's Back

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nanny's Back"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    LG,

very well said

Milan.
    I have to say Benes: I am surprised that you have not been reprimanded for some of the drivel and pointless threads you start. You get away with posting all sorts in the wrong area too. Do you and SP have a "special" relationship?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    LG,

very well said

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    number of posts / days registered with Contractor UK = % Chance of random & silly posting on forum.

Seriously though, I remember noting someone's posting count having hit 1500 since june. I hope these people are on the bench, coz if you not, either your sat around at work with little or nothing to do (Disguised Permiedom, here I come) or sat at home, bored with nothing to do (Coz the school holidays have started). If either of these two apply, take note of what it says at the top of this page, consider for a moment if your really an IT Contractor - and, if not, don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.....
    Last edited by Weltchy; 31 July 2007, 06:14.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I have been annoyed about some of the postings on the serious forums and I think some people deserve at least a warning for those.

Some of us do try to offer advice and relate our experience to newbies or for others who are coming across problems we have already dealt with. Those forums should be left alone. Posting crap (and posts about posting crap) on those boards should be warned. If the warning is not heeded the banning is the only option.

Inane drivel and off topic ramblings have been traditional in general and smut and innuendo have generally been transferred to Light Relief which was always a graveyards that nobody visited.
    Lately we have had more and more outright filth and topics aimed in that direction. The originators of those threads seem to do nothing but those type of thread.

I assume SP and the other mods have given some sort of warning before removing them all together.

In general this site has had just the right balance. We have been allowed to say pretty much what we like and we in turn have kept it pretty much clean. That balance has been somewhat upset lately and the perpatrators should know better.

Deserved bannings in my book.

To those who are complaining about the standards of this board: Stop moaning, you are entitled to join in and raise the level, you are allowed to post more high brow threads. The kiddies will play if they are bored. Gte a sense of humour.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zapico
    Banned for this thread or banned for other threads? I cannot see anything that explains why a ban has taken place. This thing isn't healthy. Perhaps the moderators are beyond questioning or under duress from elswhere, yes?

If it's the banned for this thread, I can then understand the British mentality. Same happened to Walter Wolfgang for commenting "rubbish" at Jack Straw at a New Labour party conference in 2005. Was he not arrested under anti terrorism laws too for his behavior?

Can it be that the thread title was designed to provoke debate but the moderators took the some other view as the "bait". Perhaps I will be banned too, yes? for questioning this.
    Depends how right-wing your views are.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Zapico
    Banned for this thread or banned for other threads? I cannot see anything that explains why a ban has taken place. This thing isn't healthy. Perhaps the moderators are beyond questioning or under duress from elswhere, yes?
    I've been posting here since the old forum was archived off and this one was started. Never even had so much as a warning. Perhaps the people getting banned should look at themselves first before throwing any blame elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    I've watched the quality of postings on this forum decline slowly over the last year (especially in the last few months), to the point that certain members feel the need to express their humour and antics within even the deadly serious Business/Contracts and Accounting/Legal boards.

If the CUK forums are to remain a useful resource for contractors, as opposed to just a place to have a bit of fun, something needs to be done. Like many other people, I'm not sure that the mods are going about this in the best possible way, but at the same time I fully support them in what they seem to be attempting to achieve.

Leave a comment:

• Zapico
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    and the last, Kyajae Banned

If it's the banned for this thread, I can then understand the British mentality. Same happened to Walter Wolfgang for commenting "rubbish" at Jack Straw at a New Labour party conference in 2005. Was he not arrested under anti terrorism laws too for his behavior?

Can it be that the thread title was designed to provoke debate but the moderators took the some other view as the "bait". Perhaps I will be banned too, yes? for questioning this.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It must have been my fascinating posts in TPD about TRF radios that dun it...
    I actually googled TRF radios you scaly cad.
    What's worse is I actually read your posts

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It must have been my fascinating posts in TPD about TRF radios that dun it...
    I enjoyed those - they help me get to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23
    uh oh.
    What?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    Kind've asked for it with that thread title. This is like IRC all over again. I still think it'd be amusing to have a ban reason - eg:

Kyajae
    Banned: Loon.
    uh oh.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I ought to save my response for LR.
    Indeed, I see there are some new posts in LR that may not last long. I think someone is going for a banning record.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    General I think, but it happened very fast.
    I ought to save my response for LR.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X