• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Muay Thai

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Muay Thai"

Collapse

• theemeestroo
    replied
    Where you thinking of training?
    Oop north, Master A in Manchester is pretty good. Trained there for a while.
    Master Sken has one in Stockport as well. Check out his site.
    www.mastersken.com
    He has a load of affiliate clubs around the country (SIMTA or something)
    There is one in London I know of that a mate of mine trains at and he says is alright
    If you are interested in muay thai check out this

http://www.ancientmuaythai.com/index.htm

A guy I trained with when I was living in America.
    He has a place in thailand now and the site has a lot of history etc about muay thai

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy
    Fancy yourself as Jason Bourne, do we Churchill? :
    Nah mate, I'm older, wiser, fatter and 'arder!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
    I used to have one of those when I did martial arts as a kid, they were mildly fashionable then though with KK being popular. A grown man in this day and age though, that's cruelty to children, humiliating his son like that, lol
    Thats what we thought.... the kid is sooo bold aswell, really needs a slap on the ass but last night the dad was telling him off and even the kid was laughing at him!

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    lol - reminds me - last night one of the older guys in my class (comes with his son) actually had a headband on - karate kid style!! don't know how everyone kept such straight faces!!! I was wetting myself!
    I used to have one of those when I did martial arts as a kid, they were mildly fashionable then though with KK being popular. A grown man in this day and age though, that's cruelty to children, humiliating his son like that, lol

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    This is how karate should be done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_vvI26NnwE

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
    Yes, that sounds like a fundamentally different grading system, what with using coloured arm bands rather than coloured belts. I hear there is a radically new grading system coming in, they're going to use coloured headbands apparently.
    lol - reminds me - last night one of the older guys in my class (comes with his son) actually had a headband on - karate kid style!! don't know how everyone kept such straight faces!!! I was wetting myself!

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by dotnetter
    I've trained a couple of Muay Thai gyms, both had a grading system, it's not like Karate with belts etc you get coloured arm bands.
    Yes, that sounds like a fundamentally different grading system, what with using coloured arm bands rather than coloured belts. I hear there is a radically new grading system coming in, they're going to use coloured headbands apparently.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    Anyone got any info on Muay Thai. Quite interested in taking it up. I did Karate for a while, but there wasn't as much fitness as I would have liked and it was way too rigid and structured. Does Muay Thai have belts or stages like Karate?

Have you thought of giving freestyle Karate a go?

Much more fitness orientated, with a bit of tradition.
    The guy who runs my club has black belts in Wado Ryu Karate, TaeKwondo and Aikido and he incorporates them all into his Freetyle.

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    I've trained a couple of Muay Thai gyms, both had a grading system, it's not like Karate with belts etc you get coloured arm bands.

You don't learn patterns like traditional MA like TKD or karate, you have to demonstrate techniques and know the basics of the art etc

You also don;t have to partcipate at all in the grading system unlike TMA
    Cool thanks mate.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    so pathetic,

He asked a question and I answered.

How about you bore off and stop stalking me.

lol!!!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    so pathetic,

OK

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    so pathetic,

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

You don't learn patterns like traditional MA like TKD or karate, you have to demonstrate techniques and know the basics of the art etc

I suggest you go and bore like minded bores on this site DN

http://www.martial-forums.com/?gclid...FRmzEAodSEtmgw

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    I've started Krav Maga recently. It's the dogs!
    Fancy yourself as Jason Bourne, do we Churchill? :

Leave a comment:

Working...
X