• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hard working Poles..."

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    it is also a well known fact that Polish women are the most attractive in Europe.

And they do nice beer.
    And sausages.
    Probably because they on't live of macdonalds and fish and chips, but instead cook real meals with fresh meat and veg and have a healthy diet. If this country ate better we would have far more fitties wandering about!!!

Leave a comment:

• brownie74
    replied
    i'm a Londoner in Oz

the contract market in sydney is ok - top dollar is about 350 quid a day for java programming - not bad considering rent is about 800 quid a month for a smart 2-bed waterfront pad, 15 minutes from work on the ferry

the ladeez are friendlier than in the UK and not as hard drinking, which is nice.
    the blokes are on a different planet. probably if you were from Wigan you would like it here and fit in quite well

the place becomes quite boring after a few years - the beaches are good tho!
    it boils down to the better weather pretty quickly

if you want to buy a house bring 200 grand UK here with you. the tax system here is sh*t house for contractors and it will take you at least 5 years to save that

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    do they have Pole jumping in the 2012 olympics ?
    That would be so unfair, considering they banned dwarf tossing

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    do they have pole jumping in the 2012 olympics ?
    If so I feel it is dicriminatory,
    we also be encouraged to jump up and down on the square heads the frogs and the spics

Leave a comment:

• lORD lUCAN
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY
    ...don't want to work - back home at least:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/ne...name_page.html

"POLAND is to allow thousands of Ukrainian and Russian workers into the country because of a massive labour shortage.

And the deal is likely to be extended to Indian and Chinese workers.

The decision comes after massive pressure from Polish employers who complained most of the available local workers had moved to the UK. "

So if poorly paid Poles can come to Britain, where do all the 'lazy' Brits go to better themselves?

Not to Australia too far and too hot, plus of course you have to have the pre requisite frontal lobotomy. 30 points I believe.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    and pole dancing
    I've got to agree with that, the standard of ladeez has gone up considerably in the last few years.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    I was out on the tiles with a group that included a Pole and a stupid el Duder type. He kept asking the Pole for tips to chat up Polish girls. So he told him some phase and said “Use that, it drives women mad”. Stupid kid falls for it and tries it out on the barmaid and is so surprised when she slaps him hard that he collapsed on the floor. The manager told us to take him and leave. Never found out what the phrase meant but it was true it did drive women mad!

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    it is also a well known fact that Polish women are the most attractive in Europe.

And they do nice beer.
    And sausages.
    and pole dancing

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin
    Make me an icecream???
    That is its literal translation

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Make me an icecream???

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    No it is more polite than that
    I want to shag you please?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    Does it mean ' I want to shag you' ?
    No it is more polite than that

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    just go and say to her

"Zrob mi Loda"

That should do the trick
    Does it mean ' I want to shag you' ?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Swamp Thing
    Agreed. There's one in our office area who looks a size 0 with tastefully augmented hooters. I think I'm in lurve...
    just go and say to her

"Zrob mi Loda"

That should do the trick

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    Agreed. There's one in our office area who looks a size 0 with tastefully augmented hooters. I think I'm in lurve...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X