• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "George Gallaway - laughing stock or typical politician?"

Collapse

• Stan
    replied
    I think hes a popinjay but hes quite entertaining and has balls.

Leave a comment:

• barely_pointless
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    Hmmmmm, Im starting to wonder if in a previous life some american didnt bend you over an apple cart and make you sing!

Mailman

Only people being "bended over" a cart by the current US Administration are the American people at the moment, and of course the Iraqi People, but ya know something ?....................... at least the Iraqi people can claim some scalps.......... real ones.....that is.......

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    Galloway's Respect party hits back at quiitting councillor's 'immature & self-serving' jibe

13 July 2007
    By Ted Jeory

MP George Galloway's Respect party has hit back at one of their former Tower Hamlets councillors who quit last week.

Party leaders said Shamim Chowdhury's attack on them as "immature and self-serving" came as an unpleasant surprise.

He wrote to Respect bosses after his attack in last week's East London Advertiser saying he felt forced to resign as a councillor in Shadwell ward because of 'despicable' rumours allegedly spread about him by his former colleagues.

But Respect's Tower Hamlets chairman Glyn Robbins said Shamim's logic was so 'flimsy' he found it difficult to take him seriously.

"If people involved in serious politics reacted to every rumour and piece of gossip about us, we would never get anything done," he wrote back.

"The things you are now saying about 'the leadership' (and I note you don't mention any names, but I can only assume you include me) are completely without foundation.

"If you are a man of honour, you should withdraw them immediately."

In a separate statement, Respect leaders revealed that Shamim had never even attended any branch meetings to set out his 'vision'... as to how we could 'improve the lives of the residents of Tower Hamlets'."

The statement listed a catalogue of topics on which they claim to be leading the way, such as English language classes for foreigners, civil liberties, the NHS, workers' rights and council housing.

It added: "If Shamim Choudhury can think of a more pressing agenda than that, or a better way to fight for the rights of ordinary people, we challenge him to share it."

Meanwhile, Labour's former council leader Michael Keith has been picked to try and reclaim the Shadwell seat he lost to Respect at the local Tower Hamlets elections last year.

The by-election set for August 9 promises to be a classic that could even herald the end of Respect's influence in the East End if their new candidate Harun Miah fails to keep Labour out.

Tories have picked Duncan Crossley, while Lib Dems have selected Rosie Clarke, a former aide to Mid Dorset MP Annette Brooke.

- apparently the quality of person selected to be a Respect councillor is not all that high. Source: the person who selects them.
    Last edited by lexington_spurs; 23 July 2007, 14:32. Reason: premature eja....

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Tell us what politicians you do like mailman. I await your interesting list.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by barely_pointless
    Fire with Fire my dear Mailman, fire with fire, Never said I would like George Galloway as an MP, but if he continues to undermine the US prestige and position in Iraq by deconstructing the obviously light and leaky US policy, then I'll watch with glee and continue to do so as he effortlessly outmanouveres and out thinks and out debates the US senate and most all neo-con ploiticians.

Lets be honest here, the US have hardly made it hard for him ?
    Hmmmmm, Im starting to wonder if in a previous life some american didnt bend you over an apple cart and make you sing!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• barely_pointless
    replied
    I know why bareless pointless likes Curious George, its because they have the same debating style...ie. they shout and scream and have tantrums without ever actually letting the other side get a shot in!

Fantastic stuff, if thats the kind of MP you want running your country...well dont come crying to me argentina when it all goes pear shaped!

Mailman

Fire with Fire my dear Mailman, fire with fire, Never said I would like George Galloway as an MP, but if he continues to undermine the US prestige and position in Iraq by deconstructing the obviously light and leaky US policy, then I'll watch with glee and continue to do so as he effortlessly outmanouveres and out thinks and out debates the US senate and most all neo-con ploiticians.

Lets be honest here, the US have hardly made it hard for him ?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Fantastic stuff, if thats the kind of MP you want running your country...well dont come crying to me argentina when it all goes pear shaped!

Mailman
    Nowhere does anyone here say that's the kind of MP we want running the country. Everyone who has expressed a preference has said the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    I know why bareless pointless likes Curious George, its because they have the same debating style...ie. they shout and scream and have tantrums without ever actually letting the other side get a shot in!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I am sure the Parliamentary Committee is unbiased after all they voted for the war on Iraq and the committee is headed by two former chairs of the Labour Friends of Israel.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver
    Sorry if the sarcasm was a bit too subtle
    Subtlety ! Sorry, you’re asking a bit much for simple folk like me.

Leave a comment:

• barely_pointless
    replied
    He is always right because he chooses when to fight.

whatever the personal and local dislike of Galloway that is irrevelant in the context of the Iraq question, in the senate and in the context of iraq he is a very effective tool that serves a need at this time, and that need is the need to undermine the US policy and spin that is so prevalent, and he does that very well, and as such , I very much applaud, support and encourage George Galloway in his endevours.

Much in the same vein I imagine, that people here whilst supporting the Iraqi war, would be adverse and maybe uncomfortable to sitting down for Tea with a bunch of US Marines and talking about Parkie.

I hope Galloway continues, he is a fantastic de-constructor of this neo-con bulshi5.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    If you had him as your MP you would have a very different opinion of him. He is very selective in which constituents he helps.

He is doing excellent work for the BNP.
    I find him a man of conviction, dedicated, loyal, determined,resourcefull, a man of vision and commitment.

Conviction = that he is always right
    Dedicated = to furthering his own interests
    Loyal = to himself
    Determined = to ride roughshod over anyone who gets in his way
    Recoursefull = in furthering his own agenda
    Vision = he has the same one as Hitler had
    commitment = to achieving his goals by any means possible

Sorry if the sarcasm was a bit too subtle

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    If you had him as your MP you would have a very different opinion of him. He is very selective in which constituents he helps.

Buffoon

All correct. He didn't even come to the eastern end of his constituency for Big Brother - they had moved the studio from 3 mills to borehamwood or wherever by then.

As for this claptrap about him heroically standing up to the Senate ... it's their version of the Lords, hardly anyone would have woken up ..

BTW I moved constituencies 3 weeks ago. Feels good.

Leave a comment:

• barely_pointless
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INy2y...elated&search=

Galloway versus Hitchens (the old ex brit political commentator who likes to wallow in his neo-conservative glow, old tory/new labour - who knows ? same as he old boss, rightwing intelligencia drivel as he sniffs up crumbs of recognition from the Washington DC political intell-a-dumbsia )

Galloway takes hitchens apart, as usual, with ease, with aplom, with relish and with style , no substance to these pro-war, pro US Administration, pro-terrorist around every corner commentators, Vanity Fair columnist and sometime opponent of Chomsky (whom Chomsky took apart as though he was a soft kinder egg, although the toy inside was as per all neo-con promises, sadly much less than we had come to expect)

of course, for such a mature political commentator, Hitchins should have known one thing, firstly, that going first in a debate puts you at a disadvantage, and secondly, if your argument is wrong, it adds weight to the fact that you may inevitably lose your debate.

George cleaned up, and he did it with stlyle!
    Last edited by barely_pointless; 21 July 2007, 10:32.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver
    Hear! Hear!
    I find him a man of conviction, dedicated, loyal, determined,resourcefull, a man of vision and commitment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X