• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is it with men who wear Ralph Lauren shirts??"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Did the posts get re-instated?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Swamp Thing
    Well, yes and no. I too have some gay friends. But when I’m encouraged by my female friends to wear a satchel and I say ‘not for me’ I expect that to be the end of the matter. But nooo I get pushed on the subject (presumably they see me as their metrosexual project), and the only way I can shut the subject up is to say “no, manbags are not for me, they’re too gay”. Then I get castigated for slurring gayness. And then I reply that I have every right to speak like that. Just like everyone on this board calls ATW a merchant banker (oops, no offence ATW).

Do you see how careful you have to be with language these days, mind your Ps & Qs. Sheesh. CUK is my last refuge, where I can speak my mind. So please be gentle with me when I speak like this (oops, did I sound too gay there?).
    Why don't you say, 'no, manbags re not for me, they're too feminine'. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    A man bag is an A5 sized bag with a wrist strap.

There is nothing wrong with being gay.
    Well, yes and no. I too have some gay friends. But when I’m encouraged by my female friends to wear a satchel and I say ‘not for me’ I expect that to be the end of the matter. But nooo I get pushed on the subject (presumably they see me as their metrosexual project), and the only way I can shut the subject up is to say “no, manbags are not for me, they’re too gay”. Then I get castigated for slurring gayness. And then I reply that I have every right to speak like that. Just like everyone on this board calls ATW a merchant banker (oops, no offence ATW).

Do you see how careful you have to be with language these days, mind your Ps & Qs. Sheesh. CUK is my last refuge, where I can speak my mind. So please be gentle with me when I speak like this (oops, did I sound too gay there?).

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Not according to the fashion police I have met. It is any bag that fulfils the male equivelant of a womans handbag and can be any size just like hers.

I know that. Some of my closest friends are gay.
    How nice.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Not according to the fashion police I have met. It is any bag that fulfils the male equivelant of a womans handbag and can be any size just like hers.

I know that. Some of my closest friends are gay.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Satchel sized shoulder bag. Fits waterproof, extending brolly, notebooks, mp3 player, pens, business cards, passport etc.

Others: Just waht is wrong with being gay anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    LG - homophobia is mostly about insecurity, as I expect you probably know.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Swamp Thing
    Are we talking satchel-sized? Or some Ted Baker thing you tuck under your arm? If the latter, you are gay.
    Satchel sized shoulder bag. Fits waterproof, extending brolly, notebooks, mp3 player, pens, business cards, passport etc.

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    I carry a man bag. Have doen for a number of years. What is the issue?

Po*f...

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    IMHO, the humble rucksack is the most ergonomic carry-all around. Good weight distribution and frees up your arms, for, er, fighting pirates on the way to work and what not.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    For your ammunition I assume?

Have you not considered a bandolier? I hear they're very popular with the Wookies this season.

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    Are we talking satchel-sized? Or some Ted Baker thing you tuck under your arm? If the latter, you are gay.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Well, the man I work with who wears RL doesn't have a manbag, but he does have a moustache, circa Freddy Mercury 1985.

My friend's RL wearer, as I mentioned, has a wheely laptop bag, surely this is only a step away from a manbag.

SP sorry to read you are not having a good day.
    I've actually met a fair few people who insist on having a laptop bag with wheels and a telescopic handle, never quite understood it myself, surely carrying a laptop bag isn't that grueling?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X