• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good retorts wanted."

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

Exactly what I need after my Philosopher's Stone experiment last week.
    What? Oh, I see! Dump it on the markets, etc, etc, etc, leading to anarchy on the streets... Bloody hell, that's cunning!

Didn't Gordon Brown try it a few years ago? Didn't use nearly enough, but then he's in with the greys, who seem to be fecking crap at high finance.
    Last edited by wendigo100; 13 July 2007, 22:29.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Oh! dont worry, any dribling half wit could understand these instructions

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "and saying "sorry, I'm not technical" leaving me unable to help them."

Maybe you should speak english then you techie tw@t!!!

Leave a comment:

• bored
    replied
    How about "In order to fix this problem, I need to explain a couple of tech things. Should I do that?"

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    "sorry, I'm not technical"?
    No tulip Sherlock.

Simple. Gets the job done.

Leave a comment:

• chubba
    replied
    "I am not trying to teach you anything technical, this is stuff that even the most stupid people understand so please take the time to listen."

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    "I'm not technical"

"Either am I"

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy
    Has it ever occured to you that you may be a boring f*cker and that they are just being polite?
    Are you aiming to take over sadguru's reputation?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    "sorry, I'm not technical"
    "OK, but I'm a techy with so I obviously don't have as advanced communication skills as you, so you're going to have to meet me half way here."

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    I sem to be having quite a few people who want me to fix a problem, but in order to do so, I need to explain a couple of tech things. Despite doing this in the simplest non-jargonised way possible, they seem to have acquired a habit of cutting me off quickly and saying "sorry, I'm not technical" leaving me unable to help them.

Anyone have a good humourous (or otherwise) response to "sorry, I'm not technical"? they can suggest?
    Has it ever occured to you that you may be a boring f*cker and that they are just being polite?

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Very good Clearly I shouldn't have posted this on a Friday

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    It was for oil wasnt it?

Good catch all retort that one!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Here's a good selection of retorts.

Any take you fancy?

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    started a topic Good retorts wanted.

Good retorts wanted.

I sem to be having quite a few people who want me to fix a problem, but in order to do so, I need to explain a couple of tech things. Despite doing this in the simplest non-jargonised way possible, they seem to have acquired a habit of cutting me off quickly and saying "sorry, I'm not technical" leaving me unable to help them.

Anyone have a good humourous (or otherwise) response to "sorry, I'm not technical"? they can suggest?

Working...
X