• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Forbidden Pleasures"

Collapse

• Burdock
    replied
    there are some good, serious posts about IR35 and contracting in 'Accountancy' and 'Business/Contracts'.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    Originally posted by King Cnvt
    Interesting you should say that.

Seeing everything is booming (boomed!) and I'm bloody loaded earning £700/day, what flash car should I be driving? Don't want a BMW as too many blacks seem to drive them.

Thanks.
    Just get a beemer, you know what they say...

If you can't beat em, use a bigger bat

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    Who was it who said "Be the change you want to see happen in the world"?

JFDI - I'd back you up on all threads except the ones that send me to sleep, such as new car purchases, boomed/doomed rantings, racism and look-how-much-i-earn boastings.

I acknowledge the fact I've probably contributed towards the dumbing down, but it doesn't mean I like it either.
    Interesting you should say that.

Seeing everything is booming (boomed!) and I'm bloody loaded earning £700/day, what flash car should I be driving? Don't want a BMW as too many blacks seem to drive them.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack

JFDI - I'd back you up on all threads except the ones that send me to sleep, such as new car purchases, boomed/doomed rantings, racism and look-how-much-i-earn boastings.

I acknowledge the fact I've probably contributed towards the dumbing down, but it doesn't mean I like it either.
    Good point.

I will make a conscious effort to raise my game.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    no offence but who is Dawn Primarolo ?
    An all round bee hatch!

Primarolo's CV would read:

Responsible for:
    Introducing IR35
    Increased university tuition fees
    (the appaling) Tax credit system

Supports:
    ID cards
    Invading Iraq
    Nuclear disarme... nope hold on... renewal of the UK's nuclear arsenal

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    - like a sort of intellectual entropy.

Don't you mean "intellectual atrophy"?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman
    I have only just started reading this board again. Gave it a miss for several months in the hope that things might improve. It seems, however, that forums always get dumbed down in the end. It seems inevitable - like a sort of intellectual entropy.

Yes, I suppose I should post stuff I think is interesting and relevant but then there are so many clowns here who will take any post wildly off topic within minutes that it's hardly worth the bother.

The origins of this board were in the IT contractors fight against IR35. Out of that came a good deal of challenging political debate, a load of good stuff about the contracting life in general, and some brilliantly funny asides.

Now we have posters who don't even know who Dawn Primarolo is!

The Internet is teeming with board filled with morons who can spout crap all day and decorate their outpourings with jolly emoticons

Just a bit sad that it had to happen here.
    Fair enough.

I do agree with some of your views as I used to read the board for several months prior to posting on it and it was the content that attracted me to it.

Ironic really, as I could easily be accused of being one of the culprits for the dumbing down.

Just my tuppence worth, but if threads stayed on topic, then I am sure there would be room for both the insightful and inane posts.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    no offence but who is Dawn Primarolo ?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy
    The trick is to tune his drivel out.

Bogey, a question, If I may.

You seem to lament the board of old and have said recently that it has gone somewhat downhill.

However, I suspect that you still frequent the board.

If that is the case, how about posting some topics of your choosing.

Just a thought - am genuinely interested in your views on this.
    I have only just started reading this board again. Gave it a miss for several months in the hope that things might improve. It seems, however, that forums always get dumbed down in the end. It seems inevitable - like a sort of intellectual entropy.

Yes, I suppose I should post stuff I think is interesting and relevant but then there are so many clowns here who will take any post wildly off topic within minutes that it's hardly worth the bother.

The origins of this board were in the IT contractors fight against IR35. Out of that came a good deal of challenging political debate, a load of good stuff about the contracting life in general, and some brilliantly funny asides.

Now we have posters who don't even know who Dawn Primarolo is!

The Internet is teeming with board filled with morons who can spout crap all day and decorate their outpourings with jolly emoticons

Just a bit sad that it had to happen here.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    Feck me, I've seen the light. I have el Duder Syndrome. Is there are cure, anyone?
    A nice cool can of sprite, no wait..... ah well embraces the duderness Kyajae

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    i think my posts elevate this user forum to the upper echalons of forums.

hth
    Feck me, I've seen the light. I have el Duder Syndrome. Is there are cure, anyone?

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy

You seem to lament the board of old and have said recently that it has gone somewhat downhill.

i think my posts elevate this user forum to the upper echalons of forums.

hth

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    I did. They said I was incurable.
    I find your inane drivel rather entertaining.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X