• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: letterboxes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "letterboxes"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    They opened the bonnet and asked where the engine was, to which Churchill said it has obviously been stolen. A passer by who by sheer coincidence also owned a porsche overheard the conversation and said" hey dont worry I've got a spare engine in the boot of mine"
    You're about as funny as a dose of the ! <ahem> I believe...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    Have a good time, would suggest you don't ware the hat going through airport security.

Not know for their scene of humour, in fact I have noticed they are even getting a bit more pedantic these days, anyone else notice it?
    They are miserable little barstewards, full of their own self-importance.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Did you show them the engine then? If I were you I would have took the skoda to the airport.
    They opened the bonnet and asked where the engine was, to which Churchill said it has obviously been stolen. A passer by who by sheer coincidence also owned a porsche overheard the conversation and said" hey dont worry I've got a spare engine in the boot of mine"

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    I was asked by innigration to open the boot on my Porsche. They were looking for people smuggling.
    Did you show them the engine then? If I were you I would have took the skoda to the airport.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    I was queuing back to the tarmac at Bristol airport on Sunday, there were about 10 security staff/police/immigration that were looking rather flustered and shouting at people to take passports out of wallets and not to use phones until they had been 'processed', usually I can walk straight through so I don't know who they were expecting??

At least my bag was on the carousel when I finally got through which makes a change.
    I was asked by innigration to open the boot on my Porsche. They were looking for people smuggling.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I am off tomorrow.. greek islands for me. Jellied kebabs, fish 'n Moussaka and Ratzina Demestos cocktails whilst wearinmg "kiss me bolloc*s" hats
    Have a good trip.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    Have a good time, would suggest you don't ware the hat going through airport security.

Not know for their scene of humour, in fact I have noticed they are even getting a bit more pedantic these days, anyone else notice it?
    I was queuing back to the tarmac at Bristol airport on Sunday, there were about 10 security staff/police/immigration that were looking rather flustered and shouting at people to take passports out of wallets and not to use phones until they had been 'processed', usually I can walk straight through so I don't know who they were expecting??

At least my bag was on the carousel when I finally got through which makes a change.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Thanks guys I am missing you already.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I am off tomorrow.. greek islands for me. Jellied kebabs, fish 'n Moussaka and Ratzina Demestos cocktails whilst wearinmg "kiss me bolloc*s" hats

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    You will be a credit to your country my sahn!

Dodgy Ambassador

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    I thought 'hey ho, the worm is finally turning'
    That's no way to talk about your missus. Sadguru, yes, even maggot would apply, but not the good lady

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Nah mate, we don't want your sort down there!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Do they sell fish n chips, jellied eeels and kiss me kwik hats in Cannes ?
    Nah mate, we don't want your sort down there!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    For years my missus has barely tolerated my sense of humour when it comes to this type of 'politically correct' subject. Last week I nearly fell off my chair when she said 'something has to be done'.

I think she was in shock after learning that it was doctors that tried to murder hundreds in London and Glasgow.

I thought 'hey ho, the worm is finally turning'

Wont be long till us dudes on CUK are mainstream

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Sarf of Frants.

On me hols!
    Do they sell fish n chips, jellied eeels and kiss me kwik hats in Cannes ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X