• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Moving to somewhere else"

Collapse

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule
    Wey Hey!!!!
    double wahey!!

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23
    Your life would be blessed with an even greater number of choices if you dumped the alergic smoking woman.
    And her life would perhaps be blessed with a greater number of choices if she dumped me, but we have made each other the major choice and we're taking it from there.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    Here's what I want:

Low amount of violence and crime
    Sounds like London. According to the police the crime is dropping.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    Well they are quite nice
    Wey Hey!!!!

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    You little narcissist you.
    Well they are quite nice

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Yes, have to take into account the direction I am facing.
    You little narcissist you.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Whilst in the ascendant? Weird.
    Yes, have to take into account the direction I am facing.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    Your life would be blessed with a significantly greater number of choices if you dumped the smoking woman.
    Your life would be blessed with an even greater number of choices if you dumped the alergic smoking woman.

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    go live in bucks mate.
    My town is on the Bucks border, and once was in Bucks. I don't mean it visited, I mean the boundary moved.

That's what I'm looking for an alternative to

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    France

Less than £500K GBP

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...&chnl=overseas

Looks good value to me compared with SE England.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Prefer mirror myself
    Whilst in the ascendant? Weird.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Indeed.
    Prefer mirror myself

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    Here's what I want:

Low amount of violence and crime
    A bit of space and pleasant scenery.
    Lower cost of living (i.e. not looking to be an expat in the 3rd world, just want to get away from overpriced tiny cramped accommodation).
    More or less temperate climate (no 6-month -30 winters, not constant sunshine and melting temperatures)
    No bugs. That counts out NW Scotland BTW.
    English-speaking.
    Either smoking allowed in bars, or plenty of outdoor bug-free possibilities in a comfortable climate.
    Somewhere I can go and live despite being over 55 years old. (skilled worker visa limit for Aus 45, NZ 55).
    Somewhere with either work available, or good cheap air links to EU.

Does anyone have better research that I do? I can't find anywhere that fits even that short list, never mind the longer one. I do have a "nearest fit", that gets all but two, one of which is cost of living. But the smoking will probably go from all of the EU soon. That just means never going out, as we now don't in the UK.

go live in bucks mate.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse
    Having said that, have a look at any French property website and it quickly becomes apparent that the French have no taste at all when it comes to interior decoration.
    Who says flowerily wallpaper on the ceiling is not tasteful?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    It’s funny how the French see the countryside as peasant land and a vast majority aspire to live in the cities despite having such an abundance of cheap countryside property in beautiful locations, especially as they have such great transport links. From where I was central Paris was only 2 hours away by train and Toulouse was probably only an hour.
    Also the French really like new build houses and it's only the Brits that buy the old stone farmhouses.

Having said that, have a look at any French property website and it quickly becomes apparent that the French have no taste at all when it comes to interior decoration.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X