• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Harrods

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Harrods"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    A panasonic DVD player sale price is reduced from £270 to £245 yet you can buy the same thing for £220 in Peter Jones.
    But it comes in a nice bag... and you like that.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    The coffee machine has just announced it now has control over the server power supply.
    That's it then - you've had your chips. I'd get out before you become victim to an "accident" involving a bucket of water and a stray power lead...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Let-Me-In
    So, you were robbed at cup point by a coffee machine...3 times!!!!!
    Sounds like the start of a cunning plan for world domination...

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule
    Skynet/archangel is coming...
    The coffee machine has just announced it now has control over the server power supply.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Skynet/archangel is coming...

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    ha! ha!

15p a cup.

Cup 1- I asked for cappucino, got weak chocolate. Assumed I had pressed wrong button and tried again.

Cup 2- Same happened.

Cup 3 - Deduced there was a problem with cappucino, and tried for a 'chocomilk'. Machine spluttered and produced half cup of hot water.

Arse!

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    45p???? I would take revenge on that coffee machine if I were you...bloody cheek, what does it think it is....
    ha! ha!

15p a cup.

Cup 1- I asked for cappucino, got weak chocolate. Assumed I had pressed wrong button and tried again.

Cup 2- Same happened.

Cup 3 - Deduced there was a problem with cappucino, and tried for a 'chocomilk'. Machine spluttered and produced half cup of hot water.

Arse!

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    I literally cannot believe there will be an inquest into their death in a few months that will be entertaining the Egyptian's grossest fantasies and conspiracy delusions.

Why on earth give pantomime space to this clown?!

I feel embarassed when I hear his QC spouting on about Prince Philip and secret plots.

God I'm angry today. Virgin trains, conspiracy theories, coffee machine swallowed 45p and dispensed chocolate rather than coffee....

45p???? I would take revenge on that coffee machine if I were you...bloody cheek, what does it think it is....

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    I literally cannot believe there will be an inquest into their death in a few months that will be entertaining the Egyptian's grossest fantasies and conspiracy delusions.

Why on earth give pantomime space to this clown?!

I feel embarassed when I hear his QC spouting on about Prince Philip and secret plots.

God I'm angry today. Virgin trains, conspiracy theories, coffee machine swallowed 45p and dispensed chocolate rather than coffee....

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The sooner the Egyptian Grocer ends up in the Tower, the better.

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    There is an article in the paper today that shows Diana predicted her own death in a "car accident". She reckoned that Charlie was planning it so he could marry that wrinkled old horse face!!!

Any one else reckon it smells of fish? And I don't mean the wrinkled old horse face either!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The sooner the Egyptian Grocer ends up in the Tower, the better.

He actually wanted to use 'murdered', 'killed' was the strongest he could get away with.

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    I went in once to try and find some decent underwear...couldn't find anything so left. Didn't look at any of the other floors at all. Have never been back.

Don't you get your boxer shorts in Tescos?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    The new(ish) deli across the road is well worth it for a lunch at your desk. Gravadlax Ciabatta mmmmm.

The Micro Anvika concession is also quite handy since there's no Apple store in that part of London yet.

Real snooty shoppers go to Harvey Nics, just down the road.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    I had a cream tea with a girlfriend there once - it cost about £25 - and that was 1989 ! Total rip-off.

Went to Hamleys a couple of years ago and that was another let-down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X