• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "And It Was All Going So Well..."

Collapse

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone
    I would but I'm not sure how.
    Just call them I guess. I don't think the Jones's were members before the Arctic case came to light.

Alternatively, just go fishing. Post a new thread entitled "Malvolio smells of wee" in the "Business / Contracts" or "Accounting / Legal" boards and you'll snag the forums resident expert. He's on the PCG board I think.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut
    Get the PCG on 'em.
    I would but I'm not sure how.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I think you should mail the agent and the client pointing out the agents ignorance of current legislation and enquiring whether the agent should consider being in another business where honesty and integrity are less important and whether the client should consider engaging an agent who knows what they are talking about.
    I know the client from a previous contract (with a different agency) and have a draft mail but am undecided whether I should send it or not. Would I be putting things right or stirring up a hornets nest.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Epiphone, which branch of the agency that rhymes with Dorien?
    Leeds.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Get the PCG on 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Because we'd all miss you if it was!
    if what was?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    you can give me as a reference - my direct dial is 999.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I think you should mail the agent and the client pointing out the agents ignorance of current legislation and enquiring whether the agent should consider being in another business where honesty and integrity are less important and whether the client should consider engaging an agent who knows what they are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Swamp Thing
    Appalling. Truly appalling. I would drop them like a hot stone.
    Worse - I'd drop them like a hot cactus.

Epiphone, which branch of the agency that rhymes with Dorien?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    I love it how jumped-up barrow-boys are so quick to tell experienced contractors that they don't know how the business works and they'll never get on with any agencies.

Translation: you will get another contract, and he doesn't like that.

Question on the operation of free market: why are people like this not eliminated in a Darwinian fashion?
    Because we'd all miss you if it was!

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    Quote:
    If this is how you operate then good luck in securing an alternative contract as with the new MSC and transfer of debt regulations, reputable end clients and agencies are ever more vigilant and will not knowingly engage in a way which would be in any way non compliant or risky.
    Appalling. Truly appalling. I would drop them like a hot stone.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Already have further up the thread
    Missed it - I'll avoid agencies rhyming with Dorien.

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    ...Oh, they also told me no reputable agency or client would deal with me:

Quote:
    If this is how you operate then good luck in securing an alternative contract as with the new MSC and transfer of debt regulations, reputable end clients and agencies are ever more vigilant and will not knowingly engage in a way which would be in any way non compliant or risky.
    I love it how jumped-up barrow-boys are so quick to tell experienced contractors that they don't know how the business works and they'll never get on with any agencies.

Translation: you will get another contract, and he doesn't like that.

Question on the operation of free market: why are people like this not eliminated in a Darwinian fashion?

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    Nice - time to name and shame methinks.
    Already have further up the thread

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Simply because they view us as temps and the B2B relationship scares or confuses them - or both!

Pimp did offer to make a few small changes but got huffy when pointed out that the agreement between agency and client would have to reflect said changes.

Oh, they also told me no reputable agency or client would deal with me:
    Nice - time to name and shame methinks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X