• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Peace man

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Peace man"

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956
    I love watching them. My Dad was in the RAF, so I spent my younger years watching planes coming and going all the time.
    Where were you stationed Moose?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Where's the option for the neighbours moving their piano next to the party wall, and letting their son play the first 4 notes of the Pink Panther theme over and over. And over and over. Not that it affects me at all. Not at all.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    where is the option ... relaxing in my garden when some pilot starts aerbatics overhead?
    I love watching them. My Dad was in the RAF, so I spent my younger years watching planes coming and going all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    Ah yes, the blight of professional beggars.

I may have said this before, but on the concourse at Waterloo a tidily dressed young lady approached me with some nasty looking bruises and cuts on her face and hands, acting shocked and disoriented.

Story was her boyf had beaten her up and left her, taking her bag with mobile and wallet. It was very convincing, and I was taken in by it. Gave her some money so she could make a phone call, asked if alright etc, police hadn't been very helpful and all that.

Walked away leaving her at the phone.

Saw her going through exactly the same malarkey a month later with someone else. She really wasn't impressed when I approached her - mid routine with another 'mark' - and congratulated her on her acting abilities suggesting she takes that up instead of repeatedly injuring herself to fool ppl.

Loads of em around Waterloo.

Even in Richmond - collectors for charities without badges or proper (or with fake) ID.

Scum.
    There was a similar scam going on at bromley station a couple of years ago - think the pretty young girl was a traveller

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Ah yes, the blight of professional beggars.

I may have said this before, but on the concourse at Waterloo a tidily dressed young lady approached me with some nasty looking bruises and cuts on her face and hands, acting shocked and disoriented.

Story was her boyf had beaten her up and left her, taking her bag with mobile and wallet. It was very convincing, and I was taken in by it. Gave her some money so she could make a phone call, asked if alright etc, police hadn't been very helpful and all that.

Walked away leaving her at the phone.

Saw her going through exactly the same malarkey a month later with someone else. She really wasn't impressed when I approached her - mid routine with another 'mark' - and congratulated her on her acting abilities suggesting she takes that up instead of repeatedly injuring herself to fool ppl.

Loads of em around Waterloo.

Even in Richmond - collectors for charities without badges or proper (or with fake) ID.

Scum.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Lying down in a Parisian park munching on a baggett listening to a distant accordion when some eastern European gypo comes over and begs for money for her 12 disabled children... feck off you're lying, there are at least 50 others in the same park all doing exactly the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Missed calls on your mobile from a witheld number and no voicemail. Well thanks for that.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    What about an option for the police helicopter that circles over your part of town for ages for no reason.

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    And...people that leave their mobile phone on the desk and wander off so we all get to listen to their ring tone when someone rings and keeps fookin ringing for ages...and every 2 bloody minutes....AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

It's called a mobile so you can take it fookin with ya!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Where's the option "Someone plays the theme tune to Eastenders"?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    where is the option ... relaxing in my garden when some pilot starts aerbatics overhead?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    blooming heck, 5 responses before i even started

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    In the absence of a poll I'd say speakers + mobile phones + the music chavs play.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Having a dump drives you bonkers?

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    Does anyone have a bugbear, something that destroys the peace so much that it drives you bonkers

I go for number 2

why? are you constipated? or is there a poll to follow?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X