• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PRINCE2 FOUNDATION Exam (July 6th Friday After noon) TIPS..??"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Blaster Bates of the Valleys eh?
    A finger in many pies, a man who wears many hats, diversity is the key to success if you can't corner the market

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver
    Prince2 is an industry standard for project management.
    Used in construction, Demolition, Commercial Diving, Product development etc.
    Not just in IT.
    In the Marine civil Engineering contracts that I undertake when not too busy with the IT side of the Business,, I operate under a CDM which is a Construction, Demolition management program. Under HSE regulations this requires the apointment of a project manager/supervisor who is best accredited by Prince2.

Trust that this clears thing up for you.

PS. Good Luck
    Blaster Bates of the Valleys eh?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test
    Guys,

Now I am just wondering what kind of people take PRINCE2 foundation..? I thought it was taken mainly by IT Project managers. But what I saw is large number of non IT staff (& ladies)taking this exam..! Any on have any idea why these guys are interested in PRINCE2..?? Is there any non IT job (non white collar..!) role need PRINCE2 certification..?

Again Thanks for all your help....I will update outcome next week...Fingers crossed...
    Prince2 is an industry standard for project management.
    Used in construction, Demolition, Commercial Diving, Product development etc.
    Not just in IT.
    In the Marine civil Engineering contracts that I undertake when not too busy with the IT side of the Business,, I operate under a CDM which is a Construction, Demolition management program. Under HSE regulations this requires the apointment of a project manager/supervisor who is best accredited by Prince2.

Trust that this clears thing up for you.

PS. Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Who would have thought it, 'ladies' in IT !
    It always ends in tears

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Who would have thought it, 'ladies' in IT !

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Guys,

Thanks very much for all responses, you guys were very helpful..

Abt Exam...
    Not sure...will have to wait & see the outcome. I did around 3 hrs preparation on the night b4 exam. But in that 3 hour I gone through all processes well & glanced on all objects related..I have 2 years project mgmt experience, not PRINCE2 though

Out of 75, I got 10 definite correct answers, another 15 with 50% chance to be right..Honestly I found 1 hour time not good enough to have a relook at questions.

But again one question I have is ...I was bit surprised set of people came for the exam.All young people more than 50% ladies..!! Not sure why all these guys are interested in PRINCE2..? Not many were from IT background as well. Now I am just wondering what kind of people take PRINCE2 foundation..? I thought it was taken mainly by IT Project managers. But what I saw is large number of non IT staff (& ladies)taking this exam..! Any on have any idea why these guys are interested in PRINCE2..?? Is there any non IT job (non white collar..!) role need PRINCE2 certification..?

Again Thanks for all your help....I will update outcome next week...Fingers crossed...

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    FFS. No wonder most IT projects in the country fail if this is the quality of the PMs.
    as long as you get your money and your out of there before it does then all is well.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    FFS. No wonder most IT projects in the country fail if this is the quality of the PMs.

Leave a comment:

• al_cam
    replied
    So, did you pass then?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Yes.. good luck

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    its too late for that .. ..I have time till 11 AM tomorrow only...I have to work till that time as well....Let me give it a try..!!
    no chance. what a waste of money. oh well never mind.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    its too late for that .. ..I have time till 11 AM tomorrow only...I have to work till that time as well....Let me give it a try..!!
    Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    OK, quick tip. Find someone who has been on a Parity or Maven or similar training course and (a) get their practise exam papers and have a go and (b) copy the PRINCE summary cards which they produce - diagrams of the PRINCE2 processes etc. There are a fairly limited number of multi-choice questions for PRINCE2 so the more mock exam papers you do the more familar you will be with the questions that come up.

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Thanks ..But I have only 2 years as PM, I have to cover rest 8 years...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X