• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Based on my extensive knowledge of the housing market ..."

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    You are so full of sh1t I could fertilise a field with you
    Dream on, poor boy.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Your reasons were and are wrong. Interest rates are a tiny factor in the equation, even with the latest rate rise. The real reason is something far more dangerous and fundamental. But I can't tell you as I aim to make some money from it first
    Anything to do with the impending credit crunch? I guess somebody has to make some dosh out of the US sub-prime (and UK???!?) fiasco! Hopefully nobody i bank with is going to be left with the sh1t

Leave a comment:

• English History X
    replied
    Originally posted by max
    Which bit are you blaming the government on? Not interest rates I presume.
    Yes I am. If they didn't create the environment then the silly interest rate policy would not have been needed. They created a housing shortage by various policies and non-policies and then punish those willing to take a risk.

Leave a comment:

• max
    replied
    Originally posted by English History X
    Unnecessary torture for the brave first time buyers, they have little equity to fall back on. Their day to day quality of life and their minimal investment gone in one. How cruel are this government.
    Which bit are you blaming the government on? Not interest rates I presume.

Leave a comment:

• English History X
    replied
    Unnecessary torture for the brave first time buyers, they have little equity to fall back on. Their day to day quality of life and their minimal investment gone in one. How cruel are this government.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Your reasons were and are wrong. Interest rates are a tiny factor in the equation, even with the latest rate rise. The real reason is something far more dangerous and fundamental. But I can't tell you as I aim to make some money from it first
    You are so full of sh1t I could fertilise a field with you

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    Rising interest rates will push prices up even further as people desparately clamour to "get a foot on the housing ladder".

Housing rocket more like.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    The real reason is something far more dangerous and fundamental. But I can't tell you as I aim to make some money from it first
    sas, please me you are not going to invest in AtW's search engine thingy?!?

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    SASguru changes his tune as soon as it's obvious. I told him weeks ago it was going tits up, did he believe me?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    ...I predict the long predicted and awaited correction of the current bubble market will happen by the end of the year/beginning of 2008.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer
    you are dim prawn and i want a fiver. Now!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    It will be interesting to see what the extent of 'correction' turns out to be. Are we set for a bang or merely a pop?

mmmm I for one would also be very intrested to see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    It will be interesting to see what the extent of 'correction' turns out to be. Are we set for a bang or merely a pop?

If it happened today, a bang. The longer it gets put off, the bigger the bang. But it will happen without a doubt.

Most people don't realise how shaky the economy really is. At the very least all that debt should be ringing alarm bells.

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer
    you are dim prawn and i want a fiver. Now!
    It's my fiver

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...tml#post256411

Leave a comment:

Working...
X