• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Property question

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Property question"

Collapse

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    On my to do list, thanks
    Not teaching my granny to suck eggs, just throwing that one out there for ya.

EDIT: Pants - not that I'm calling you a granny or anything

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba
    If you want to cover the fact, you can get yourself a SkypeIn UK number to put on your CV. No one need ever know!
    On my to do list, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    I don't have an agent in the UK at the moment; I thought they would be put off if I said I was in India? Worse still offer me lower rates!
    If you want to cover the fact, you can get yourself a SkypeIn UK number to put on your CV. No one need ever know!

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by King Cnvt
    Where's the toilet flush smiley when you need it?
    KC, your dastardly plans always have a flaw

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    Hope you're right, I will be trying it out next year. Hope the world economy doesn't go down the toilet, while I have me feet up.
    Where's the toilet flush smiley when you need it?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot
    Not at all in fact I remember one instance when I took a weeks holiday, while in Munnar (is that possible a holiday while on holiday?) in the Alleppey backwaters (Venice of the east they call it), late in the evening me and the miss relaxing listening to the strange and wonderful sounds of nature, then the phone goes... an agent, I tell them I can be back in the UK in 48 hours no problem, and it's ok!!

Life is too short not to experience all there is to be had,
    Hope you're right, I will be trying it out next year. Hope the world economy doesn't go down the toilet, while I have me feet up.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I don't have an agent in the UK at the moment; I thought they would be put off if I said I was in India? Worse still offer me lower rates!
    Not at all in fact I remember one instance when I took a weeks holiday, while in Munnar (is that possible a holiday while on holiday?) in the Alleppey backwaters (Venice of the east they call it), late in the evening me and the miss relaxing listening to the strange and wonderful sounds of nature, then the phone goes... an agent, I tell them I can be back in the UK in 48 hours no problem, and it's ok!!

Life is too short not to experience all there is to be had,

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot
    Between contracts I'm in Munnar in the Southern state of Kerala, beautiful countryside, quiet, and green, takes me about 6 hour's taxi ride from the port of kochi to the hills.

I remember sitting out on the patio 6000 feet up relaxing, listening to the wildlife, bliss... then there's an agent on the phone... is there no where I can go to escape them!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munnar
    Hi Scooter, we are on the same track. I am setting up in Goa for the winter coming back to Europe, February. But as the weather is still sh!te, I want somewhere else to hang out. I don't have an agent in the UK at the moment; I thought they would be put off if I said I was in India? Worse still offer me lower rates!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Yes, but you have to live somewhere between contract. Nice beach, do a bit of diving, why not.
    Between contracts I'm in Munnar in the Southern state of Kerala, beautiful countryside, quiet, and green, takes me about 6 hour's taxi ride from the port of kochi to the hills.

I remember sitting out on the patio 6000 feet up relaxing, listening to the wildlife, bliss... then there's an agent on the phone... is there no where I can go to escape them!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munnar
    Last edited by scooterscot; 4 July 2007, 10:09.

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Thanks Rantor really cheered me up, I am buying in Sharm about 15 min from the airport so infrastructure should be ok. Crumbling mess is the current style I am told, but I think they call it Retro
    Sorry!

Sharm is a diifferent market than the southern coast and it already has all the bits nù pieces in place.

Incredible amount of development down there these days. I hadn't been in Sharm for a few years until last November and it was incredible the amount of building that was going on, though I guess doubling the capacity of the airport is driving it.

Apart form the stressed reefs, the other thing that it was hard to miss was the sheer volume of perma-drunk russian tourists - threy seem to be worse than the british in that respect!

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I am lending all my cash to New Labour. I really want to be Sir King ****.
    Either on drugs or you should be.

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    Ok KC what are you doing with all your contracting cash, or does wifey keep it all?
    I am lending all my cash to New Labour. I really want to be Sir King ****.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by ~Craig~
    has anyone here bought in Croatia or nearby? It looks good but I think it's already very expensive; especially by the coast.
    Did a trip out there last year, yes very expensive. Looked at some renovation projects as well, was put off when I found some of the property were been sold by European’s that bought 5 or more years ago and still had not got planning permission. They were making a profit mind.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Oh Dear.

A fool and their money eh?
    Ok KC what are you doing with all your contracting cash, or does wifey keep it all?

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    has anyone here bought in Croatia or nearby? It looks good but I think it's already very expensive; especially by the coast.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X