• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sheffield

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sheffield"

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    went to uni at sheffield
    I had an offer from there but didn't get the grades

I visited three times for different reasons, twice it was raining and I thought it was a great place, the third time it was sunny and I thought it was crap. And it smelt of farts.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I once drove around it on the way to somewhere more interesting

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    went to uni at sheffield
    You brave, brave thing!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    went to uni at sheffield, at the time thought it a great city for students but terrible for anyone older than that. Now i'd say if offered i'd do a gig there, young girlies from the medical school learning to find their alcohol limit

plus it's very cheap compared to 90% of the country

good luck

Leave a comment:

• nataliejackson
    replied
    another good serviced apartment company is citycrashpad.com based in the city centre on West St

Leave a comment:

• ookook
    replied
    worked there at BT for a while - also went to Uni there - town centres getting better - especially along West Street / Division Street and theres plenty to do.. Transport links are crap though

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    quality place...loads of nice bars, restaurants, and a revitalised city centre

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Good place, I had 6 months there October through to March.

Stayed in serviced apartments top of West st .

Loads of bars and plenty of nightlife.

Leadmill is alright, Gatecrasher was much better till it burnt to the ground.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    Scored a gig in Sheffield
    You are a frogman then?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    Isn't the leadmill an apartment block now ?
    http://www.leadmill.co.uk/db/home.php

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by pisces
    Got some great people living there, but the city just depresses me, it looks like it's still in the 1930's
    The city centre itself or the residential areas?

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Got some great people living there, but the city just depresses me, it looks like it's still in the 1930's

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    I have lived there, it's a nice city, some great bars and pubs. If you like live music, get yourself down the leadmill.
    Isn't the leadmill an apartment block now ?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    Make sure your hotel is at the top of a hill. Bring a rubber mat, you can ride the river of water down to the centre. wheeeee
    Eh?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Make sure your hotel is at the top of a hill. Bring a rubber mat, you can ride the river of water down to the centre. wheeeee

Leave a comment:

Working...
X