• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "And just to prove my point in the smoking ban thread"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    I'm feeling so ill. I've been having heart palpitations and had to have an ecg today, and tomorrow I have to drive over 100 miles to my contract. I know you don't care, I just had to tell someone.
    Tell me - I would care even less HTH

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Numptycorner
    Obviously you're one of those people who complains but doesn't actually go in pubs anymore, most have a/c these days. Really, there is nothing worse than the ex smoker smoking nazi.

Smoking in pubs..It bothers some ex smokers, it bothers lilly livered people who go for the occasional drink at Christmas. Genuine pub drinkers don't care.
    I haven't read the whole of this thread yet, but this is utter bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Let me have the name and number of your hiring manager. If you don't make it, at least your contract won't go to waste.

It's okay prawn, my work might be too complex for a simple crustacian.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Not sure, I don't think she is selling her.

I'm feeling so ill. I've been having heart palpitations and had to have an ecg today, and tomorrow I have to drive over 100 miles to my contract. I know you don't care, I just had to tell someone.
    Let me have the name and number of your hiring manager. If you don't make it, at least your contract won't go to waste.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Not sure, I don't think she is selling her.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    How much is she going for?

I'm a bit short this month, so can only stretch to £50, all in.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    I meant are you male. There was some debate earlier in the week. I got confused. Are you interested in Sally's friend then?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Boyish good looks, youthful determinism. Yes.

Or do you mean immature tw@t?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    You are a boy aren't you prawn?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I think the smoking ban is definately a market opportunity.

Sell snuff tobacco in pubs.

Kerrrrrrrrchhhhiiiiinnnnnngggggggg

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman
    Must be a Yank, 'cos they even have sex with their underclothes on.
    What sex???? I'm married!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Why's the smoking ban always bracketed in with 'nanny state' lefty politics etc plenty of countries have implemented it now, quite a few of them very much on the right of the political spectrum.

Face it, the smoking in public places ship sailed a while ago. Bitching and moaning about might make you feel better but in a couple of years time if you do a survey I'd bet my mortgage that the number of people who agree with it will have increased, the number of smokers will have gone down and eventually the percentage of your tax money getting spent on smoking related disease will be less (I doubt they'll cut tax somehow).

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Take it outside leper!
    Not sure you're going to get a bite MF

Are you out of the country at the moment?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Take it outside leper!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Excellent initial Post DA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X