• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Academic Education in CV"

Collapse

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Split personality disorder, or forgot to log out of the 2UK account ?? :P
    Glad someone got the joke about the disorder . I am trying to enforce that kind of thinking where I have opinion and I am able to do everything.

For example – say I am doing Sharepoint installation project. A need arises to connect that to say UNIX. As a contractor it is not efficient to say – I don’t know UNIX. It is efficient to say – I will talk to my “Unix Associates” – And then go find someone with Unix , get them on board , get more bucks.

No I do not have multiple nicks.
    Last edited by 2uk; 2 July 2007, 14:19.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    My wife has a science PhD and was asked why she did poorly in her Irish language leaving certificate. She went elsewhere.
    Maybe they just wanted to be sure, to be sure

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    Now that is the mindset you need to abandon . You are a contractor You are competent in everything.
    Split personality disorder, or forgot to log out of the 2UK account ?? :P

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird
    It'll get bigger.
    What you mean more lines of code in there?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    What do you mean going to be ? It has been for quite some time.

But I don't have programminig skills. Thiking to do quick VB.net and asp.net courses. I Got e-learnings.
    It'll get bigger.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    But I don't have programminig skills. Thiking to do quick VB.net and asp.net courses. I Got e-learnings.
    Now that is the mindset you need to abandon . You are a contractor You are competent in everything.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird
    Sharepoint is going to be BIG get in asap.

What do you mean going to be ? It has been for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Sharepoint is going to be BIG get in asap.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy
    No brainer, Security.
    I am kinda leaning towards the Sharepoint stuff. I couldn't secure a security contract with MCSE Security and CCSE. Plus I am heavily into MS - i.e No Unix/linux experience. Many security jobs looks for heterogeneous background.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    What do you mean thick ?

I have this problem. I still can’t decide where to specialize to:

Security
    Sharepoint
    MOM etc.

I know everything and nothing

I need a job advisor.
    No brainer, Security.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    Maybe we can discuss, currently looking to develop something.
    Develop what exactly ?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    Well anythuing from support to it outsourcing and hosted services except that currently I am only doing contracting. The other biz units are under development.
    Maybe we can discuss, currently looking to develop something.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    What services do you provide
    Well anythuing from support to it outsourcing and hosted services except that currently I am only doing contracting. The other biz units are under development.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    Mine or what ?
    What services do you provide

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    what is so unreasonable about that?
    Being taught for two years at the age of 15ish by the all Ireland nuns' boxing champion Sister 'Knuckles' Pius has little effect on people's ability to push back the boundaries of scientific knowledge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X