• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: V for Vendetta

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "V for Vendetta"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    you could argue that CRD devices are still superior for desktops... but who here still uses one?
    My pal (graphic designer) but not here so doesn't count.

LCDs are getting better colour reproduction every day...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule
    Mobile device, very cool. Desktop - I'll keep the high-res LCD.
    you could argue that CRD devices are still superior for desktops... but who here still uses one?

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    You guys are really missing the point of V for Vendetta.

Best you get back to coding up the governments next tax or ID database for them.
    It is because people don't care. In Canada it is the same. In the US , well I haven't been there but looks like everyone shut up and stay low. The rest of the world doesn't really matter. Well except Russia , but the US have them in sight. Hoping the next Putin will be as tough as the current one.
    Last edited by 2uk; 3 July 2007, 21:20.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
    The real advatange is the fact that these displays are 'rollable', ergo Windows Mobile would benefit more than Windows in this context, in the not too distant future you could have a 10 inch polymeric screen that rolls out of your device for watching movies (once the technology matures a bit), the 'Readius' has already been developed by polymericvision which is a black and white polymer screen which rolls out of a mobile phone sized device:

http://www.polymervision.com/Product...ius/Index.html
    Mobile device, very cool. Desktop - I'll keep the high-res LCD.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Oooo Shiny... Can't see youtube at work, or use a proxy. But Cambridge stuff looks interesting for shop windows etc. .

However, If you've got a predominantly 2D paradigm (eg Windows) why do you need an expensive bendy screen on your desk?

I'm not saying we're at the zenith of computing technology but I'm not sure a polymeric screen would offer me anything...
    The real advatange is the fact that these displays are 'rollable', ergo Windows Mobile would benefit more than Windows in this context, in the not too distant future you could have a 10 inch polymeric screen that rolls out of your device for watching movies (once the technology matures a bit), the 'Readius' has already been developed by polymericvision which is a black and white polymer screen which rolls out of a mobile phone sized device:

http://www.polymervision.com/Product...ius/Index.html

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Google LEP or 'Light-emitting polymer' technology.

Or even this would be a good start:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PLhMVNdplJc
    Oooo Shiny... Can't see youtube at work, or use a proxy. But Cambridge stuff looks interesting for shop windows etc. .

However, If you've got a predominantly 2D paradigm (eg Windows) why do you need an expensive bendy screen on your desk?

I'm not saying we're at the zenith of computing technology but I'm not sure a polymeric screen would offer me anything...

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I actually enjoyed V by the way, just thought that having current office computers in a film set a decade-and-a-half or so in the future shattered the illusion a bit
    That sort of thing only makes it feel more 'British' which is no bad thing, we were brought up on crappy BBC effects and props... I like it that way.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    How about in 2020 Dell goes retro

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Why? How can you improve the LCD monitor, other than making it bigger and brighter? The case it goes in is pure ergonomics & economics.
    Google LEP or 'Light-emitting polymer' technology.

Or even this would be a good start:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PLhMVNdplJc

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Bendy, curved polymers using nano skins
    If this comes to pass by 2020 (and you can find me) I'll give you five pounds.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Why? How can you improve the LCD monitor, other than making it bigger and brighter? The case it goes in is pure ergonomics & economics.
    Bendy, curved polymers using nano skins

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I actually enjoyed V by the way, just thought that having current office computers in a film set a decade-and-a-half or so in the future shattered the illusion a bit

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    There are some unbelievers about....
    Nitpickers is a great site for, well, movie nit-picking, Star Trek nitpicks for example:

http://www.nitpickers.com/tv/reposit...pg=s&sp=i&tt=1

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    how about here
    Picky...

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    I thought it was excellent
    seconded. especially V's dialogue.

<film spoiler>
    and I liked it when he blew up the Old Bailey to the 1812 Overture.
    </film spoiler>

... and I liked it when the end credits kicked in to 'Streetfighting Man'.

I ordered the comic novel after seeing the film - never read one before - and thought it was brilliant too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X