• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why Do People Take Out Life Insurance"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot
    there is no such thing as "life insurance", it's life assurance... honestly.
    That's quite freaky - I was about to post the same thing after just reading the title.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    there is no such thing as "life insurance", it's life assurance... honestly.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Strictly speaking it is life assurance... working on the principle that since we all die eventually you can't insure against it...
    Ture in the case of a whole life policy.

A lot opt for life insurance in the form of term insurance. A straight bet in "am I going to die before X date".

Some will opt for a combined term insurance and savings vehicle, often represents poor value.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Just remember you will become worth a lot more dead than alive.

If you need a minder call me
    I found another life policy at home that I didn't realize I had - was a little worried until I saw that I'd taken it out rather than the Mrs.

I refuse to tell her how much she gets if I die - it's scary stuff! Particularly when I compare it to how much I would get if she died...

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    it's a bet you are guaranteed to win

Leave a comment:

• chubba
    replied
    Yup, wouldn't care when dead but while alive I would worry about the kids and Mrs being thrown out of the house if I did snuff it... Therefore I have life insurance.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Just remember you will become worth a lot more dead than alive.

If you need a minder call me

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    bnecause thjere stupid and scared of life.
    . . . or because they have family and/or dependants who need to be provided for?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I've got it - just to pay of the house.

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    As if you're going to care when you're dead....

bnecause thjere stupid and scared of life.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    started a topic Why Do People Take Out Life Insurance

Why Do People Take Out Life Insurance

As if you're going to care when you're dead....

Working...
X