• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: IQ of 152

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IQ of 152"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Is that where you keep your Alzheimer's tablets?
    Can't remember!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    I have items in my sock drawer that are brighter than you.
    Is that where you keep your Alzheimer's tablets?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    There's always an exception to the rule
    Good to see you are not denying it then sg. Mind you with the welter of evidence on here it would be virtually impossible despite your propensity for self-delusion.
    Just to burst another of your little bubbles, I have items in my sock drawer that are brighter than you.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Nevertheless, there is no getting away from the tenet that if you have the IQ of a curly wurly (e.g. sadguru) then your endless postings on here will be no more enlightening than the combined output of a chorus of flatulent cows practising "Flight of the Bumble Bee" for the "Britain's Cows have got talent" auditions!
    There's always an exception to the rule - and not only am I more intelligent than you, SB, I am considerably wealthier.

HTH :

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    IQ tests have been discredited for many years by psychologists. The reason is that modern research has suggested they are too narrow and measure only one type of intelligence (ironically, usually the type that computer programmers and other nerds possess). To succeed in life requires many other skills that IQ tests do not measure: resilience, sociability, tenacity.
    In fact recent research shows that people who measure highly on IQ tests are no more likely to be wealthier than average, although they earn more.
    Nevertheless, there is no getting away from the tenet that if you have the IQ of a curly wurly (e.g. sadguru) then your endless postings on here will be no more enlightening than the combined output of a chorus of flatulent cows practising "Flight of the Bumble Bee" for the "Britain's Cows have got talent" auditions!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo
    ... and spent his entire time at university in the student union bar.

Ah I wondered who that guy was I was always seeing double of at 10 in the morning

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    There's no commercial aspect to it, it is social more than anything else.

I wouldn't mention it on my CV any more than I would put posting on here on it.

Plus, I might get asked why if I am so clever, are my school and university grades not better than they are. Then I would be forced to admit that I am a lazy sod who worked out quite early on that he could get OK marks without putting in any effort whatsoever, and spent his entire time at university in the student union bar.

(They were different times then - the amount that you have to shell out to go to university these days makes squandering the time like that a complete no no).
    An honest answer from a confident individual

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    IQ tests have been discredited for many years by psychologists. The reason is that modern research has suggested they are too narrow and measure only one type of intelligence (ironically, usually the type that computer programmers and other nerds possess). To succeed in life requires many other skills that IQ tests do not measure: resilience, sociability, tenacity.
    In fact recent research shows that people who measure highly on IQ tests are no more likely to be wealthier than average, although they earn more.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0424204519.htm

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Plus, I might get asked why if I am so clever, are my school and university grades not better than they are. Then I would be forced to admit that I am a lazy sod who worked out quite early on that he could get OK marks without putting in any effort whatsoever, and spent his entire time at university in the student union bar.

(They were different times then - the amount that you have to shell out to go to university these days makes squandering the time like that a complete no no).
    Ahhhh ! The good old days ! It wasn't squandering, you were picking up vital life skills. The best and most prolific squanderers I knew at Uni seem to have done the best in the real world.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Please, would someone tell me one good sound commercial reason for becoming a member of mensa.

Someone who puts this on their CV shows:

1. That they have inadequate educational qualifications and have a chip on their shoulder about it.

2. They are a complete Nerd with very poor communication skills (after all why are they not intelligent enough to realise that putting member of mensa on their CV is a complete no no)

3. They somehow think that they have something to show off about.
    There's no commercial aspect to it, it is social more than anything else.

I wouldn't mention it on my CV any more than I would put posting on here on it.

Leave a comment:

• angusglover
    replied
    Seems like accurate Rec Con job criteria....

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Please, would someone tell me one good sound commercial reason for becoming a member of mensa.

Someone who puts this on their CV shows:

1. That they have inadequate educational qualifications and have a chip on their shoulder about it.

2. They are a complete Nerd with very poor communication skills (after all why are they not intelligent enough to realise that putting member of mensa on their CV is a complete no no)

3. They somehow think that they have something to show off about.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    I saw a programme a few months back about child geniuses. Looks like by the time they are teenagers they have huge physcological issues. Particularily if they are pushed, they become isolated from their peer group and end up socializing with adults, who arn't as smart as they are, so it doesn't last long.
    Exactly, and if the parents are pushing her into IQ tests at the age of 2 they are going to be pushing her for the rest of her life. Poor kid is doomed to a lifetime of insecurity, isolation and god help her if she doesn't get A* in every exam.....

Kids need to be left alone to be kids, not live out the dreams and aspirations of parents who never made anything of thier life!!!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Poor girl has the kind of parents who would name her after a jazz standard, then put her in for Mensa at the age of nowt. Best of luck to her; she'll need it.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by miss marple
    Mensa once invited me to join but I refused on the grounds that I'd never join a club that would have me as a member, however intelligent I may be.
    We may not all think we are super intelligent, but we can spot a Groucho Marx's quote when we see one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X