• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oracle Apps DBA £184 per day..!!!"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
    No - but I still don't see your point...
    The point is simple - I have first hand experience in what is involved in work permit applications and you don't.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Fight! Fight! Fight!

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Have you ever filled in a work permit application? I did.
    No - but I still don't see your point...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You speak with such clarity - even out of your arse.
    Have you ever filled in a work permit application? I did.

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Yes, but they can't be on contract and thus daily rate is totally useless: they can't even use this ad for "proof" that they tested resident market and did not get any offers, they will have to put monthly salary on their work permit applications and naturally same salary should have been mentioned in an ad (if they had to do it).

It's a fake ad probably.
    You speak with such clarity - even out of your arse.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    But they can work for a company that gets the contract, as sooooooo many do.
    Yes, but they can't be on contract and thus daily rate is totally useless: they can't even use this ad for "proof" that they tested resident market and did not get any offers, they will have to put monthly salary on their work permit applications and naturally same salary should have been mentioned in an ad (if they had to do it).

It's a fake ad probably.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    which is illegal but still it happens

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Work permit holders can't have contracts - only full-time permanent employment.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    Well, whomever posted this is fully intending to get a work permit for someone who is quite happy to earn £184 a day.
    Work permit holders can't have contracts - only full-time permanent employment.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I'm seeing more and more Oracle Apps stuff for stupidly low money these days.

Not happy like, and turning more and more into a racist by the day (although that's probably just from spending too much time with you lot)
    No reason to turn racist, remember that you get what you pay for and our Asian colleagues are not stupid. They may do 1 gig cheap as chips but they will soon work out the going rate in this country and expect to be paid the same.

The only way to continually get somebody at that rate is by getting somebody tulipe who screws it up and then they have to pay a decent rate to get a professional like you to come in and fix it, keeerrrchingg!!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by oloks
    Oracle Applications Database Administrator on Jobserve....expected to know all and be paid £184 per day

What a joke...this should be pasted on Mumbai Website

will he have to attend interviews of other contractors?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne

Not happy like, and turning more and more into a racist by the day (although that's probably just from spending too much time with you lot)

Its age SallyAnne. These hard won attitudes are bought with age, experience, blood, sweat, tears and the fear of a low rate

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by oloks
    Oracle Applications Database Administrator on Jobserve....expected to know all and be paid £184 per day

What a joke...this should be pasted on Mumbai Website

Leave a comment:

• oloks
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    Well, whomever posted this is fully intending to get a work permit for someone who is quite happy to earn £184 a day.

Tis the capitalist way!

So stop complaining.
    Maybe the more reason it should be posted on the Mumbai web...

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied

Tis the capitalist way!

So stop complaining.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X