• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: HRMC records

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HRMC records"

Collapse

• Jester
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope
    Did they ever acknowledge receipt of your P85? They never did for me - I gave up trying in the end.
    Yes, I was given an NT tax code for tax year 1994/95.

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Is there enough competence in a government department to actually keep track of thousands of records for anything like 7 years?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by miss marple
    I believe the "statue of limitations" on any investigation is 7 years. But I have a sneaking feeling it may be 10 if you admit to having the documents hanging around.

But I could be very wrong but I don't think I am...
    7 years is a very long time to stand still

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Did they ever acknowledge receipt of your P85? They never did for me - I gave up trying in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Jester
    Yeah, I can see there are some very bitter people on this board.
    very bitter, bitter & twisted, sick, perverted, alien ...we've got them all here

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Originally posted by wizard1974uk
    You are still new to the ways of this forum, you will soon learn to give as good as you get
    Yeah, I can see there are some very bitter people on this board.

Leave a comment:

• wizard1974uk
    replied
    Why squirm? I'm glad they'll still have access to it!
    You are still new to the ways of this forum, you will soon learn to give as good as you get

Leave a comment:

• miss marple
    replied
    I believe the "statue of limitations" on any investigation is 7 years. But I have a sneaking feeling it may be 10 if you admit to having the documents hanging around.

But I could be very wrong but I don't think I am...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    dob him in!

Where's the phone number to grass on tax cheats?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

you lie like a turd in a bucket

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Yeah, it'll be shredded - however a copy will be held on the Doc Man System.

Squirm you little bastard!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Not trying to hide. I just want to know if they will be able to trace back a P85 form that I submitted in 1994 or will it be shredded by now?
    Yeah, it'll be shredded - however a copy will be held on the Doc Man System.

Squirm you little bastard!

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Originally posted by King Cnvt
    They know everything. They are ALL seeing, ALL knowing.

There is NO WHERE to hide.

HTH
    Not trying to hide. I just want to know if they will be able to trace back a P85 form that I submitted in 1994 or will it be shredded by now?

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    They know everything. They are ALL seeing, ALL knowing.

There is NO WHERE to hide.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    started a topic HRMC records

HRMC records

How far can they trace your records back normally? To the year dot?

Working...
X