• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A diagonal slice..."

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    Yes indeed, that is exactly what I would imagine being usefully described as "diagonal", but I didn't see any mention of that in the description.
    Oh that ... I got that off some management website. It was obviously the wrong place to look for any sensible description of anything!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    You sound too good at this wob! What is it that you do again?
    I find 'Bulltulip Generator' websites.

Leave a comment:

• scon_ead
    replied
    Bingo!...

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    It does have a logic to it. If you imagine the hierarchies of several departments drawn side-by-side, there are your two dimensions.
    Yes indeed, that is exactly what I would imagine being usefully described as "diagonal", but I didn't see any mention of that in the description.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong
    We will, of course, need to synthesize visionary bandwidth, in order to visualize bricks-and-clicks technologies. Because if we can't enhance cross-media ROI then how can we hope to strategize efficient applications.

Going forward.
    You sound too good at this wob! What is it that you do again?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    We will, of course, need to synthesize visionary bandwidth, in order to visualize bricks-and-clicks technologies. Because if we can't enhance cross-media ROI then how can we hope to strategize efficient applications.

Going forward.

Leave a comment:

• chubba
    replied
    Originally posted by angusglover
    Good, well done. As long as you get ticks in all the right boxes then we should be good to go.
    Whoa, hold off a little! Maybe we should throw some more ideas at the wall and see what sticks

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Good, well done. As long as you get ticks in all the right boxes then we should be good to go.
    What about the elephant in the room? Should we slice and dice it?

Leave a comment:

• angusglover
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong
    There are definitely oportunities here, going forward. I'll bounce it off my people and see if we can organize a blue-sky, out-of-the-box, brainstorming breakfast meeting?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Just as long as you "keep us in the loop" on this one ok?

We should start a thread on company buzzwords....
    There are definitely opportunities here, going forward. I'll bounce it off my people and see if we can organize a blue-sky, out-of-the-box, brainstorming breakfast meeting?
    Last edited by wobbegong; 21 June 2007, 07:57.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    Slice, OK. What's "diagonal" about it?

Or is it just a phrase that someone has heard (it does have a meaning: to slice or scan across 2 dimensions, gaining something from each) and thought would make their simple concept sound more cool?

Gibberish 2.0
    It does have a logic to it. If you imagine the hierarchies of several departments drawn side-by-side, there are your two dimensions.

Leave a comment:

• angusglover
    replied
    Just as long as you "keep us in the loop" on this one ok?

We should start a thread on company buzzwords....

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    What DS does is accept that by taking a representative cross section (a diagonal slice through the organisation), you will pick-up a number of people within any given role, and that these people will represent the skills, knowledge and attitudes of a number of their peers.

To be effective the DS requires input from managers/line managers to ensure the analysis group really does represent a valid cross section of their team/part of the organisation.
    Slice, OK. What's "diagonal" about it?

Or is it just a phrase that someone has heard (it does have a meaning: to slice or scan across 2 dimensions, gaining something from each) and thought would make their simple concept sound more cool?

Gibberish 2.0

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Ah yes, I know where you work then...

Leave a comment:

• pickle
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Oh feck me now it’s already been abbreviated to a 'DS'... I give up
    Sounds like permie nonsense to me. I sugest you decline the invite....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X