• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why is this forum turning into a tuliphole?"

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    a gig i had in italy a couple of years ago was at a tired old manufacturing site. originally built pre-war and then upgraded in the 50's.

they had no sit down toilets. they were all tulipholes.

being a manufacturing site the tulipholes were, on the whole, nasty, tiled floor to wall and wet (a tap to flush the floor as well as a tap to flush the hole).

now that place was a tuliphole. a least we don't have to strip to take a dump here.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I like it on here. I think it rocks, and I think most of you rock too.
    Mutual darling. (assuming I am included in the "most" I still love you even if I'm not but then it wouldn't be mutual).

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Love you too honey bunny!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard
    Wow, I had formulated a spur of the moment theory, but OwlHoot had got there before me.

Good economic climate, most contractors are working hard and don't have time to post decent stuff on places like this. In fact, the only contractors with spare time are the really bottom-of-the-barrel ones, for whom lowbrow drivel is a way of life. (I count myself in that latter number.) Simple economics. This forum was brilliant circa 2000-2003.
    Contractors working hard? Feck off! Contractors do what they're told to and nothing more.

Churchill - In "Seriously pissed off" mode!

Leave a comment:

• wizard1974uk
    replied
    So there was a time when this place wasn't a tuliphole?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

And those that think this site is sh1te:

Try this one: http://disneyecho.emuck.com/

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I noticed this simple correlation - people who whine about this forum's quality are not exactly delivering it. If you are so bloody good at quality posts, then just bloody post and shove them with action, not whines!
    You once again dazzle the masses with your godlike wizdom:

"The truth shall set you free"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I noticed this simple correlation - people who whine about this forum's quality are not exactly delivering it. If you are so bloody good at quality posts, then just bloody post and shove them with action, not whines!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I remember telling Jesus Christ to do a runner, but he won't listen to me.

threaded.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Personally the forum that was run in the 60s via the Times personal column was better.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Wow, I had formulated a spur of the moment theory, but OwlHoot had got there before me.

Good economic climate, most contractors are working hard and don't have time to post decent stuff on places like this. In fact, the only contractors with spare time are the really bottom-of-the-barrel ones, for whom lowbrow drivel is a way of life. (I count myself in that latter number.) Simple economics. This forum was brilliant circa 2000-2003.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Why?

a. Non Contractors
    b. Wannabee's
    c. Geeks.
    d. Nerds
    e. Dullards
    f. Kids
    g. Probably me!
    h. Probably people who say tuliph0le

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I remember the old forum in the late 90s. It was a lot worse with member insulting each other.

IT is a really boring industry to be in therefore the forum is a place to have some fun and conversation when one's workplace is lacking fellow contractors.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxamus
    Discuss
    I've been around here since 2002, and I've noticed the quality is opposite to the state of the contracting market, although I think there has also been a bit of an underlying decline as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X