• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 5,905

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "5,905"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    But your stuff is pie in the sky, all mouth and no trousers till you do it.
    Sure, then why won't you accept the bet? Bet is not for cheap bottles of champaigne - Russian way is that winner takes it all, so if I win I get the money and also humiliating picture of you, and if you win then your ego will multiple as well as you get even more humiliating picture of me for all to laugh at. I will throw in a bottle of tesco bubbly that you seem to like so much.

snaw: that was then, and this is now

shaunbhoy: wanna take the bet then, it is open to you too?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    New Scientist Article

Leave a comment:

• angusglover
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Five thousand nine hundred and five.
    ...green bottles, hanging on a wall.....

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    No, I don't drink, even though I keep bottle of Martini Asti in the fridge for the right moment

Last of the big spenders eh? You have nearly as much taste in booze as you have in gauging the Killer App market.

By the way, don't try and go head to head with Churchill, he has wifie's family underwriting the whole venture!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    No, I don't drink, even though I keep bottle of Martini Asti in the fridge for the right moment, end of year maybe.
    So a few months back when you were posting your reviews on various bottles of girlie beer you were trying, were you not drinking then as well, or is it just a recent thing?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I doubt even you with all your multiple talents will earn £100k until the end of the year (counting from July say).
    Wrong yet again.

<<edited to say >>
    Oh you mean in a 6 month period - then no. But your stuff is pie in the sky, all mouth and no trousers till you do it. My bottle of Tesco plonk is safe, better post your Asti to me asap.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    You're not that much younger than me you insolent whelp!
    How do you fit into girlie Porsche Boxter?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Churchill - good for you mate, the difference is that even though I will get the same some years past you, I will still be a lot younger
    You're not that much younger than me you insolent whelp!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    No, I have not see _that_ article in New Scientist, but I know that scores of newspapers reprint same stuff. They actually inquired about my services but they wanted basically for me to open source all code, something that I politely declined.

Even if I get zero pay out in the end, it was still worth it because I learnt a lot of stuff that I would otherwise never get chance to learn, well, maybe working for Google only, but they would have never hired me back then (quiet rightly as I was not good enough).

But I am getting very close to commercial launch of search that will be interesting enough for people to pay money for, stay tuned for big press release sometime in July

Churchill - good for you mate, the difference is that even though I will get the same some years past you, I will still be a lot younger

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Meanwhile this time next year I will be driving Porsche and posting sh1te on here from my yacht
    That's just what I'm doing too! Next week!
    (apart from the posting tulipe bit, I never do that. )

AtW, why is it taking you so long?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Did you read the article then?

I no doubt you are able to catalogue huge amounts of the internet, but so far you're search algorithms have been way, way below the standard you would hope for. I reckon this is where Wikpedia comes in.

Why dont you offer your services?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I did not miss the boat - that guy is all talk and no action, next year you will see articles about how he failed to get _any_ progress.

Meanwhile this time next year I will be driving Porsche and posting sh1te on here from my yacht

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    AtW. I read an article in New Scientist a couple of weeks ago about a new breed of search engine, where they used distributed processing like the Seti project.

Now I half expected to see Majestic in there, but it wasnt about you, it was about the guy who owns Wikpedia.

So how come you seem to have so spectacularly missed the boat here considering you were in first????

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    You're on for a bottle of Tesco champagne
    No, I don't drink, even though I keep bottle of Martini Asti in the fridge for the right moment, end of year maybe.

So what, you are chickening out? It seems the kind of bet that surely is stacked against me - I doubt even you with all your multiple talents will earn £100k until the end of the year (counting from July say).

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    We can discuss that - the success or failure of business model that I am working on right now I think will be self-evident at the time, and naturally you can trust my word, but I suppose it can be arrranged for you to see bank statements for relevant period showing revenues of said amount, only if I say I hit the value.

I suggest something memorable but of low financial value, say, how about the loser makes photo of himself like on this page: http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

My personal favourite is this: http://www.419eater.com/images/tope3.jpg

You don't have to be black
    You're on for a bottle of Tesco champagne

Leave a comment:

Working...
X