• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Daily Rate Poll"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by floatsy
    Actually, guys, if you want better representative stats (let's face it, some people are @#*@heads) - itjobswatch has a good chart on what the normal stats are for particular roles/skillsets.

Cheers.
    I've looked on that site. Why are the quoted hourly rates and daily rates so far apart?

For example, for what I do the average daily rate is £320, but the average hourly rate is only £25 (£200 per day at 8 hours).

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Just for one day, and got my pockets picked too!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot
    I know I know... I know folks in my line of work who are on more still.. but money is not everything did your mum never tell you that?
    I'm sure we've met before - have you ever worked in China?

Leave a comment:

• floatsy
    replied
    I know I know... I know folks in my line of work who are on more still.. but money is not everything did your mum never tell you that?
    I have one word for you, mate: transparent.

And that's how treatment should follow

Leave a comment:

• floatsy
    replied
    Actually, guys, if you want better representative stats (let's face it, some people are @#*@heads) - itjobswatch has a good chart on what the normal stats are for particular roles/skillsets.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by floatsy
    yawn
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• floatsy
    replied
    That not mid range? Bill 15K on average per month, is that not the norm on this board?
    yawn

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Well you do have 20 ID's
    21 with yours

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    I wish I hadn't voted 6 times now
    Well you do have 20 ID's

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    That not mid range? Bill 15K on average per month, is that not the norm on this board?
    Have you looked at the poll results?

Of course thats not the norm.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I wish I hadn't voted 6 times now

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23
    well i was but what with the arrival of so many grandees i am more mid range now. (600-699)

What do you do again DS? Developer/DBA/PM?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    stop this poll
    I feel like a pauper
    Me too. I feel ... inadequate.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    stop this poll
    I feel like a pauper