• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "South 'is funding North's dole pay'"

Collapse

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot
    So how come London is the region with the highest unemployment rate in the UK right now?
    Its becuase they are all struggling actors, musicians or artists (or other profession that should be "out of work")

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    yes, it's like Dennis Healey and wage control.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot
    So how come London is the region with the highest unemployment rate in the UK right now?

http://www.hrmguide.co.uk/jobmarket/...employment.htm
    So let 'em pick those billions of rotting strawberries then.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    He's an 'economist' who thinks rising wages will help people afford homes. The guy is obviously a moron.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    http://www.derby.ac.uk/press-office/...where-you-live

This unsettling new analysis by the former City economist, Visiting Professor of Business and Economic Forecasting at the University of Derby’s Derbyshire Business School, has examined a wide range of regional data to reveal big structural inequalities.
    “As a City economist I spent a lot of time in Continental Europe,” said Professor Smith.
    No bias there then.
    Last edited by Sysman; 18 June 2007, 10:50.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    because we Northerners tend to favour incapacity benefit over jobseeker's allowance, so our stats are lower than they should be.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by Benny
    Let them eat cake!
    Prof Smith, born and raised in Leeds, said: "If you are in London benefits are a very poor substitute for work. If you are in the north-east benefits are a very good substitute for work - so you tend to get far more people on benefits up there." "Britain's tax and benefits system has got more unfair over the past 10 years. The minimum wage for Londoners is effectively a joke - laughably low."

http://www.hrmguide.co.uk/jobmarket/...employment.htm

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
    Feck me, calm down... I was only trying to wind SA up...
    And I think SA did a remarkable job of actually showing restraint. Well done lass.

My humble apologies.

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    <incredible levels of restraint>Sod off! Have you seen any of North West London? It's like bloody Beruit! Full of spongeing dole monkeys. You can't make sweeping statements like that!</incredible levels of restraint>

Of course, that could've been a massive sweeping statement about NW London. Sigh.
    Feck me, calm down... I was only trying to wind SA up...

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    Its a fact that norveners do better out of t'dole because things are cheaper up there

but

1)They have to look at Northern mingers all day whilst Suverners get to look at space-hopper chested beauties

2)Suverners take off at least three times more sick leave so their rate of pay is de facto a lot higher than the hard grafting norverners

#

Southern women are def rougher.

Pauline Quirke or Anna Friel?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
    Probably for the best.

We all know that Northerners are lazy, workshy, sponging gits...
    <incredible levels of restraint>Sod off! Have you seen any of North West London? It's like bloody Beruit! Full of spongeing dole monkeys. You can't make sweeping statements like that!</incredible levels of restraint>

Of course, that could've been a massive sweeping statement about NW London. Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Its a fact that norveners do better out of t'dole because things are cheaper up there

but

1)They have to look at Northern mingers all day whilst Suverners get to look at space-hopper chested beauties

2)Suverners take off at least three times more sick leave so their rate of pay is de facto a lot higher than the hard grafting norverners

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I cant reply to this thread without going on some mad North verses South angry sweary rant! I've tried 4 times now, and keep getting really mad!!

So I'll just be quiet I think.
    Probably for the best.

We all know that Northerners are lazy, workshy, sponging gits...

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    What crap and shoddy journalism as per usual the North East being subsidised is equated as anywhere north of Watford being so and anywhere south of not so. Well have a look around east kent, parts of essex, east london, South hampshire, south london for subsidised living and deprevation.
    For every subsidised area in the north there is one in the south, but unfortunately the North East dominates the southern perception of 'Watford north'. Anyway, why should those on low incomes expect to live in the richer parts of the south east?

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    'kin northern monkeys!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X