• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Off to Amsterdam

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Off to Amsterdam"

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    What are you doing in Utrecht? I go there to get away from loutish British drunks

lol - not me mate!!

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    well did get dragged into one or two booths, and was offered a discount rate of €25 for a shag (normal price €50), but being in a happy relationship, I don't think my GF would have wanted me to take up the special offer.......but yes there was some smoking happening in the area......;0)

traveling back to Utrecht at 0100 in 1st class, when my mate decided to redecorate the carridge.....not nice.
    What are you doing in Utrecht? I go there to get away from loutish British drunks

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Classy
    mmm not quiet what I was thinking at the time......

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    traveling back to Utrecht at 0100 in 1st class, when my mate decided to redecorate the carridge.....not nice.

Classy

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    What kind of "how's your father" do you mean Gooner?

The smokey kind or the red light kind? (or both?!)
    well did get dragged into one or two booths, and was offered a discount rate of €25 for a shag (normal price €50), but being in a happy relationship, I don't think my GF would have wanted me to take up the special offer.......but yes there was some smoking happening in the area......;0)

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    for a few beers tonight, and some 'how's your father'
    What kind of "how's your father" do you mean Gooner?

The smokey kind or the red light kind? (or both?!)

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    sore head, and yes the banana ar is still there, although we did not venture in, we went to about 6 or 7 bars, 10 pints and several cocktails and off back to Utrecht.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Is the Banana bar still there where the nice lady writes a post card with her front bum? We were on a stag do and as the best man I had to finish off the banana!

I keep meaning to go back with the wife as I'm sure there was more to see outside the seedy area.

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied

but what I can't find are any decent street maps of the area, I've been before, but not from the train staion, does anyone know a good site that can help ??

Christmas in the trenches and all that ...

I would recommend a beer w/schnapps at "Wynand Fockink" (*) near the Krasnopolski hotel, and grub at Brasserie Harkema by Dam Square. Both A1.

(*) actual name

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    out of the station, accross the square bear left and it will all unfold before you...

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    buy a lonely planet guide ya meez bag!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong
    checked, sorry pants......

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    I used to work there. I think if u catch the train to the Central station, you are only 5/10 mins walk from a plethora of hotels, cafes (Grasshopper) & red light district is 10 mins from station. Hotels there are a bit $$ so u might want to go further out. If u wanna to get stoned off your head, get a taxi and ask to go to Zombie. A top cafe that all the dutch go to and none of the drunk/stoned £5 Ryanair flight stag weekend football lovin English chavs.
    I'm staying in Utrecht, so I'll be getting a train in and out tonight, thought we'd hit the bars, etc ;0)

I'll be going back every couple of weeks so should be fun (and expensive!!)

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied

but what I can't find are any decent street maps of the area, I've been before, but not from the train staion, does anyone know a good site that can help ??
    I used to work there. I think if u catch the train to the Central station, you are only 5/10 mins walk from a plethora of hotels, cafes (Grasshopper) & red light district is 10 mins from station. Hotels there are a bit $$ so u might want to go further out. If u wanna to get stoned off your head, get a taxi and ask to go to Zombie. A top cafe that all the dutch go to and none of the drunk/stoned £5 Ryanair flight stag weekend football lovin English chavs.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Google maps?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X