• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: London 2012 Logo

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "London 2012 Logo"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    5 and 9 were good.

I hope it was a cunning plan for more publicity, otherwise the number of out of touch idiots with their heads up their ar$es is bigger than I feared.

In ten years, all the lunatics really have been let out of the asylum. Perhaps after this catastrophic liebour experiment we can conclude that it was an utter failure and we can throw them into the abyss, and shut the entrance and seal it over them, to make sure they would not deceive the nations again until the thousand years had passed.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Some of the alternatives submitted by Sky News readers are actually excellent IMO.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_...9258-1,00.html

I like them all, except number 3, but that's a joke. And they're free!

Leave a comment:

• pickle
    replied
    Originally posted by TinTin
    'We are not changing it, despite any adverse reaction'
    Of course they will change it. Its marketing genius if you ask me. Thousands of coulmn inches and free publicity generated and lots of people talking about the olympics all of a sudden. Its 2012 for gods sake, its ages away. Im sure they have something else in mind for further down the line. This has just been a great way of getting 2012 into the papers / onto the tv.

Those thick rimmed glasses marketing types dont get paid squllions for nowt. Well, no more so than us lot anyway....

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Not 100% safe for work

Leave a comment:

• angusglover
    replied
    Apparently it is now known as the "Lisa Simpson bj graphic":

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by angusglover
    Hasn't the logo been removed from TV because of photosensitivity issues now?
    Yes, and no, the video of the logo has been withdrawn as it really has caused some epileptics to have fits on viewing it!

Leave a comment:

• angusglover
    replied
    Hasn't the logo been removed from TV because of photosensitivity issues now?

Leave a comment:

• AZZIK
    replied
    I have seen better logos created by Blue Peter viewers! What a load of tulipe!

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Olympics is bollocks

It's a man throwing a stick, plus some other stuff like synchronized swimming, BMX and trampoline. And for the bargain price of £9.4bn.

The Tiswas-blow job logo should stay.

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6724245.stm

"A segment of animated footage promoting the 2012 Olympic Games has been removed from the organisers' website after fears it could trigger epileptic fits."

"Charity Epilepsy Action said it had received calls from people who had suffered fits after seeing it."

Leave a comment:

• TinTin
    replied
    Sign of things to come

'We are not changing it, despite any adverse reaction' (or words to that effect by the morons who designed and/or commissioned it). Excuse me, who is paying for it? Surely not Ken or anyone else running this shower. My prediction: Expect Wembley Fiasco x 1000 = unfinished stadium, way-off budgets, Council tax for any London borough to reach £ 200 p/m for a 1-bed flat. etc. Ken was at least honest in saying that he couldn't care less about the sports, all he cared was the re-generation of East London (and its votes)

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    It sure has. You could buy a knighthood for that.
    Or even your first step onto the housing ladder in the capital.

Oh no, sorry - you couldn't.

Leave a comment:

• swboy
    replied
    At least there will be a good supply of cheap t-shirts in 2012 to clean the car with

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by King Cnvt

That design cost £400,000

The world has gone mad.
    It sure has. You could buy a knighthood for that.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    We don't need a professional designer to tell us that it's tulip!

I'm not a professional designer and it's tulip!

Churchill - In "Glad to help" mode!
    QED - HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X