• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Same old scousers

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Same old scousers"

Collapse

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkOD
    Its people like that who give scousers a bad name. there are a few i can name two who are scousers and quite impartial and can accept when they're beaten and clearly aren'y the best team in the league/europe. For these two friends i was dissappointed as they were gutted however the other 99% of scousers who reckon they're owed something and have a more chips on their shoulder than Harry Ramsdens i ask this. why were English teams banned in europe years ago??? because of Liverpool fans. when did they last win the league, no one cares. The last two finals they appeared in what happened. Istanbul rumour of rushing the gates and a fan being locked up for "attempted" murder and this one, rushing the gates again

Yes i am biased i'm a Man U fan and yes we've done things wrong but its clearly the scousers dragging down the reputation of our fans.

Sorry for the rant, i'll go now and enjoy a satisfying season of a league win, Chelsea disappointed and Liverpool winning feck all again
    i always liked the joke of the meaning of AIG on the mancs shirt "Almost In Greece"

I think it is a big disgrace the behaviour of some of our fans and did bring a dark cloud over the club. But i do believe that as when ever England are on foreign land it is the minority that get the head lines and the majority of people who go there are well behaved and and go for the footy with tickets.

Leave a comment:

• angusglover
    replied
    Let's face it, English fans have a reputation now that is gonna be hard to shift.

Jeez, it's just a bloody game!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Of course, as usual all the trouble was somebody else's fault!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Listen to this bloke writing in the Times:
    The retort of Uefa’s communications director, William Gaillard, that “Milan supporters did not have these problems, they did not behave in the same way” is facile. Foreign supporters do not travel without tickets. There were about 40,000 Liverpool fans in Athens because the English have a different culture. They travel on the off-chance of getting a ticket or to be part of the party.
    Facile? In other words, it doesn't matter how well everyone else behaves, scouse fans are entitled to behave like shit.

Leave a comment:

• MarkOD
    replied
    we only drink Champagne at the theatre of dreams lately after toasting yet another championship success. Most liverpool fans were in nappies last time they won it!!!

Imagine having a scouse partner, would drive you spare!! I moved south to avoid the risk of a drunken fumble with a scouser who looked nice but then spoke and you wished she'd shut up

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "So Man U were knocked out early then and had to swap Milan pubs for Moss Side?

Would you like some Bitter, or are you happy with your whine?"

Knocked out early? Being turned over in the second leg of the semi is not early. It's actually pretty bloody late as far as I can tell. Had we got passed that game, then you'd be crying about Man U doing Liverpool rather than Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall
    My toddler is half scouse and despite my best efforts her behaviour is going downhill fast, she 'steamed' the lid of the biscuit tin last night. It's never her fault when she gets told off either.
    How do you put up with a scouse partner? the accent would drive me to reach for the breadknife

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkOD
    Its people like that who give scousers a bad name . . . blah blah
    So Man U were knocked out early then and had to swap Milan pubs for Moss Side?

Would you like some Bitter, or are you happy with your whine?

Leave a comment:

• MarkOD
    replied
    Its people like that who give scousers a bad name. there are a few i can name two who are scousers and quite impartial and can accept when they're beaten and clearly aren'y the best team in the league/europe. For these two friends i was dissappointed as they were gutted however the other 99% of scousers who reckon they're owed something and have a more chips on their shoulder than Harry Ramsdens i ask this. why were English teams banned in europe years ago??? because of Liverpool fans. when did they last win the league, no one cares. The last two finals they appeared in what happened. Istanbul rumour of rushing the gates and a fan being locked up for "attempted" murder and this one, rushing the gates again

Yes i am biased i'm a Man U fan and yes we've done things wrong but its clearly the scousers dragging down the reputation of our fans.

Sorry for the rant, i'll go now and enjoy a satisfying season of a league win, Chelsea disappointed and Liverpool winning feck all again

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    At least they are funny though. Ken Dodd, Tarby....oh hang on a sec!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    They interviewed another guy who was behind a bloke with two kids, all with tickets. The bloke held the three tickets up for the steward as he approached one of the checkpoints, and had them snatched out of his hand by another scouser who then ran off and disappeared. So presumably that bloke and his kids didn't get in either.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    They interviewed this guy on 5 live last night. He was in a party of 10, 4 of them didn't have tickets. His argument was simply that these 4 had followed Liverpool all season spending their hard earned cash and it's not fair that they couldn't get a ticket while large numbers were handed out to corporate sponsors. The 4 without tickets managed to get in. Yet he didn't seem to see anything wrong in the fact that

1 - they were watching a game for free which he had paid for
    2 - that people like him, who had paid their hard earned money to watch Liverpool all season were now prevented from using their genuine tickets because of the actions of his mates.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    My toddler is half scouse and despite my best efforts her behaviour is going downhill fast, she 'steamed' the lid of the biscuit tin last night. It's never her fault when she gets told off either.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "They also tried to steam the gates 10 minutes before kick off"

Didn't they try this tactic in Sheffield some time ago. On the radio last night it was mentioned that they did this in Istanbul also, but it didn't get reported as it got lost in all the Liverpool winning stories. Then compare this with Celtic when they took over Seville Why is it they can travel on mass without getting into trouble yet ours cannot?

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    a complete and utter c0ck up.

i really feel for the poor sods who paid a fortune for genuine tickets, and couldn't get in as the stadium was full of their own fans who had forgeries or jumped the gates. nice one lads

what annoys me even more is that so many tickets are given to the 'UEFA family' and corporates.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X