• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "good place to eat near London Bridge"

Collapse

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    There are at least two Thai restaurants in the area, I think the one I usually go to is Suchard (not sure as I don't usually look at the sign) and it is very good. (The food is good - the decor etc. is "pretty ordinary" but the prices are cheap to match.)

If Suchard is the one I'm thinking of, it's nearer the Tower Bridge end of Tooley street than any others there may be.

Leave a comment:

• pickle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect
    You could always get a pint of mild from the Market Porter and posh bangers in a roll from the stall next door. If you want to treat the missus there is a fine stall selling pork pies just inside the market opposite the porter.
    mmmm, Mrs Kings Pork Pies. Now your talking good piggy!

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    You could always get a pint of mild from the Market Porter and posh bangers in a roll from the stall next door. If you want to treat the missus there is a fine stall selling pork pies just inside the market opposite the porter.

Leave a comment:

• pickle
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    yes sounds good!!! We both like Tapas, we have one local to us in Leatherhead which we goto twice a month or so, sometimes more! We tend to get free drinks now.....so I think this place may be worth a try.

Thanks!
    Hope you enjoy, as Lockhouse says, its gets v. busy, and you cant book, but defffinatley worth a try. Even if its just a couple of stools in the bar the jamon will make it woth the trouble.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by pickle
    If you like spanish food, this place is one of the best.

http://www.brindisa.com/dining_eating.asp

Even if you dont like spanish generally, its worth calling in for a bottle of red. Try a plate of the Joselito jamon iberico, its sublime. 17 quid for a small plate, so proper contractor stuff. Its generally regarded as the worlds best mind.

Brindisa started life (and still are) a spanish import and wholesale company. So the ingrediants are usually top notch.
    yes sounds good!!! We both like Tapas, we have one local to us in Leatherhead which we goto twice a month or so, sometimes more! We tend to get free drinks now.....so I think this place may be worth a try.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaura...nd-kebab-house

bound to run by gooners....

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Rantor
    Fish! was certainly quite good a couple of yrs ago - nice space on edge of borough market and southwark cathedral.

yes it is good, went there at Christmas, took my little sister.....

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule
    Are you going to vinopolis?

The restaurant there is very good.
    yes I am, and I've done the resturant there.....looking for a change....

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    The problem with Brindisa is that you can't book and if you get there at 12:01 you sometimes can't get a table. Roast in Borough Market is probably a better choice.

Leave a comment:

• pickle
    replied
    If you like spanish food, this place is one of the best.

http://www.brindisa.com/dining_eating.asp

Even if you dont like spanish generally, its worth calling in for a bottle of red. Try a plate of the Joselito jamon iberico, its sublime. 17 quid for a small plate, so proper contractor stuff. Its generally regarded as the worlds best mind.

Brindisa started life (and still are) a spanish import and wholesale company. So the ingrediants are usually top notch.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    ok, I'm going champagne tasting on Saturday for 3 hours near London Bridge (been before its a great laugh) but I want a nice restaurant also in the area (and no I don't want the Nando's next door)

Any recommendations ??
    There are loads of places in and around Borough Market. You'll be spoilt for choice. Might be busy on saturday though

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    ok, I'm going champagne tasting on Saturday for 3 hours near London Bridge (been before its a great laugh) but I want a nice restaurant also in the area (and no I don't want the Nando's next door)

Any recommendations ??
    Fish! was certainly quite good a couple of yrs ago - nice space on edge of borough market and southwark cathedral.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied

Any recommendations ??
    Are you going to vinopolis?

The restaurant there is very good.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    started a topic good place to eat near London Bridge

good place to eat near London Bridge

Any recommendations ??

Working...
X