• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: axed

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "axed"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by chubba
    September is bad too as people recovering from Summer hols and those without kiddies often take this time to go away too.
    September/October in the Lake District when I lived in the UK. Lovely autumn colours and no tourists of the chav variety.

Leave a comment:

• chubba
    replied
    September is bad too as people recovering from Summer hols and those without kiddies often take this time to go away too.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    May is a bummer because they've got all the people they need for the annual plan.
    and April and May is bad because of all the bank holidays and half term.

Actually, haven't we covered the whole year? God, no wonder I took nearly a month to bag my current contract after the previous one finished.

Leave a comment:

• HankWangford
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    That came up on jobserve earlier...
    has jobserve been down today?

Severe lack of .net jobs posted today within 50 miles of Manchester and my gig finishes very soon. Only jobs available are graduate £25 p/h roles

Leave a comment:

• swissmike
    replied
    Originally posted by churkus
    hehe good 1. just out of curiosity, is anyone else on a Fujitsu contract at the mo?.
    Had a pimp call about half hour ago with contract for Fujitsu at DVLA, Swansea so they're either taking some on or its a spot of afternoon fishing...

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    been told i am one of many contractors who has to go due to budget cuts. shame i really enjoyed this contract and been here over a year. wish me luck they say getting the 2nd contract is harder??.
    In my experience people who are too fussy (when they can't afford to be) struggle with the 2nd contract.

Xeno in 'I'd wrestle nude for food' mode

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Fujitsu have been trying to clear ut thier contractors and replace them with permies for about 3 years now as far as i'm aware, you are lucky to have lasted so long.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    That's not the Fujitsu pan-european thing is it? Or am I getting confused?

Leave a comment:

• churkus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    The best time is up to May 23rd, after that it's dead
    hehe good 1. just out of curiosity, is anyone else on a Fujitsu contract at the mo?.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    The best time is up to May 23rd, after that it's dead

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Oh and all the permies are busy arranging halloween parties in October!! (Gives the ladies a chance to wear even less than normal)
    Good point about October. Clients are on half-term holidays with the kids, and also no-one wants to go over budget for the half-yearly financial reports. Yep, October is as dead as a dodo.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Oh and all the permies are busy arranging halloween parties in October!! (Gives the ladies a chance to wear even less than normal)

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    No-one recruits in September...struggling with recovering from everyone being off from the School holidays

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    been told i am one of many contractors who has to go due to budget cuts. shame i really enjoyed this contract and been here over a year. wish me luck they say getting the 2nd contract is harder??.
    They've done you a favour. The longer you stay in your early contracts, the more of a permy mindset you have. You need to get about a bit.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    May is a bummer because they've got all the people they need for the annual plan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X