• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Porsche 911

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Porsche 911"

Collapse

• Vito
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    When SASguru buys a car the main consideration is the colour.
    Pink by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    When SASguru buys a car the main consideration is the colour.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I own a 911 and no the rear seats are not suitable to be populated at all!

As for a bastard to drive... Mine is 4 wheel drive and can still catch you out if you're not wary.

The point of 911 ownership is indulgence. Feck the kids, they can walk.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Wrong I am a hard core Alfisti.
    That’s a very masculine car brand for someone who likes the Daihatsu Copen!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    You make me laugh, you're clearly not a petrolhead and have no interest in cars whatsoever yet you insist on putting your oar in!

Wrong I am a hard core Alfisti.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Penis extension surgery will be a lot cheaper. And when you finally get that big schlong you'll be happy in a Daihatsu Copen - even if you look like Noddy in Toytown.
    You make me laugh, you're clearly not a petrolhead and have no interest in cars whatsoever yet you insist on putting your oar in!

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    Penis extension surgery will be a lot cheaper. And when you finally get that big schlong you'll be happy in a Daihatsu Copen - even if you look like Noddy in Toytown.

Ha ha...thats like saying I should spend the money on a big house instead of a car...

The same answer applies to both...already have it!

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRightStuff
    of f*%K it. If you can afford it and will use it every day then go for it.

Thank you...thats the spirit!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Vito
    You have made me very happy!!! Thank you...

And amazingly for this board...I got an answer to the actual question after only 3 pages!!

of f*%K it. If you can afford it and will use it every day then go for it.

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    Originally posted by minsky1
    A 9 year old and a 5 year old ....... easy, no problem. My daughter and son can still squeeze in, she's 17 he's 12.

You have made me very happy!!! Thank you...

And amazingly for this board...I got an answer to the actual question after only 3 pages!!

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    I love this thread - it's car ownership by proxy for me. I'd love to get a 'nice' car but I'm furiously saving for the next house move, and the area I live in now is too shady for anything decent. So I'm living through your dreams!

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by minsky1
    A 9 year old and a 5 year old ....... easy, no problem. My daughter and son can still squeeze in, she's 17 he's 12.
    They were 17 and 12 when they went in, but they couldn't get out. Last I heard they were 21 and 16...

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    I've been considering one, given the bullet proof engineering why not look at a 3 year old one? It's going to be 50-60% of the new price, there are loads of very low mileage garage queens, plus it won't lose much money over a period of years. Put a private plate on and nobody will know how old it is. The only problem is porsche drivers tend to buy from porsche, so they have the market stitched up. Buying off the sellers for rock bottom and selling on at a large premium. Herein lies the Porsche con, "they don't depreciate as fast as other cars" , well maybe if you actually can avoid selling to a stealer.
    Mind you I'd imagine there is a big scope to haggle on the second hand mark-up, especially as credit is gettingtighter at the moment

Not a fan of the interior of the previous model...although it may be wise to wait 12 months...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X