• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: London.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "London."

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    Catford - south of the river, enough said.
    Nice in Romford is it?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Although I only read post on this site 99% of the time, I thought I ought to also point out that staying in Catford would be a bum steer. Not the best of places that's for sure. I'd also like to second the Market Porter in London Bridge which is a superb boozer.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    SA - late in the day I know but I'm actually doing some work. Shock. Horror.

Agreed generally - don't spend any more time in Catford than you absolutely have to - it's a dump. Far better to stay in that hotel and commute out.

Edit: And let me know when you're down this way - London Bridge is just around the corner from me, and there are some great little eateries in Borough Market. Ale and pie. Smashing.
    Last edited by realityhack; 22 May 2007, 13:15.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Catford's Bad, Bromley is the narest, which is good, and the Bromley Court Hotel is good, I have a house in Bromley and lived there for 20 years.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Catford - south of the river, enough said.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Dear Derdrie, why doesn't numptycorner just **** off?

He really is a sad twat isn't he?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    How could you be any more nosey? Are you a lass?

Just going to a shop there - wedding related!
    http://www.heavenlybodiesbridal.com/

???

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Well I'd hope so

Cheers MM

Edit: Really thanks MM - that hotel is lovely. It's getting booked
    SA Good choice - went to lunch. Was going to recommend London Bridge as well. Some lovely boozers around there. Try the Market Porter (google it for details) for a friendly crowd and a wide selection of good ales.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Orangutan
    Where exactly are you going and why ? (don't mean to be too nosey)
    How could you be any more nosey? Are you a lass?

Just going to a shop there - wedding related!

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied

You're joking?

Oh, now I get it.
    And there was me thinking he was making an oblique reference to Catford dog track (yes really).

But perhaps not.

tim

Leave a comment:

• Orangutan
    replied
    Unfortunately all the bad things about Catford are true - but I lived there for years with no trouble.
    (have to admit I moved on as soon as I had the chance)

Where exactly are you going and why ? (don't mean to be too nosey)
    Nearest nice hotel is Bromley Court Hotel (surprise, surprise its in Bromley) about 5-10 mins away by car.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule
    http://www.londonbridgehotel.com/

Is pretty handy for London Bridge.
    Well I'd hope so

Cheers MM

Edit: Really thanks MM - that hotel is lovely. It's getting booked
    Last edited by SallyAnne; 22 May 2007, 12:50.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    oh, and treat yourself to one of these on Saturday morning before you get on the train!

http://floatworks.com/
    I've had one We've got a Floataria in Newcastle - it's amazing! (although the last time we went my lad said the salt water stung his balls)

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by christhecontractor
    Catford is a really nasty place. Probably the nearest nice place is greenich, where you can visit the smouldering remains of the cutty sark. Apart from that, there is nothing nice for miles and miles. It's not that far out - I used to live in Brockley which is not that far from there. Anyway they say it's the people that make the place and that's exactly whats wrong with catford and for that matter the entire south east of london, and the entire north east of london as well. and a good bit of west london too. Have a nice time on your trip
    Catford is a bad place - be very careful. I live 3 miles east in New Eltham which is quite okay - as is Chislehurst, Bromley, Sidcup. Be careful of Greenwich/Blackheath - few good enclaves but surrounded by dross.

I suppose the same can be said of most bits of London.

BTW there are 2 stations in Catford - catford and catford bridge.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    nearly. The Barron Knights - A taste of Aggro.

No-one would listen to the smurfs in prison, So they jumped over the wall
    But policemen saw them,
    he chased them, caught them, this is what he asked them all:
    (To the tune of "The Smurf Song"
    "Where are you all coming from?"
    We're from Dartmoor, on the run
    "How did you work out your route?"
    We followed the arrows on our suit
    "What were you in Dartmoor for?"
    We borrowed a safe from the bank next door
    "and why do you all talk this way?"
    Cause we're from Catford, ain't we? Eh!
    La la lalalala lala la la la...

They don't write em like that any more...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X