• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh Dear: Is there any other country in Europe where this would cause outrage ?"

Collapse

• Causus Deli
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    The government have been shown to have lied about the problem, apparently it's at least 500% worse than they recently stated.
    That's like 5 times dude! Bogus.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    So now we are making our own people homeless so we can save someone from overseas. You couldn't make this up.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    this 5% figure was on last night's panorama

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    I've heard much about this, but it seems anecdotal. Please provide some evidence. Shocking if it actually happens, I think.
    I can't find the link.
    I read a story yesterday. The Government has admitted that 5% of housing has gone to migrants. They claim they didn't lie when they said it was only 1%, they were just using old figures.
    It was on a number of web sites but has gone due to bombs and things.
    It was there.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    The government have been shown to have lied about the problem, apparently it's at least 500% worse than they recently stated.

Leave a comment:

• Causus Deli
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    I've heard much about this, but it seems anecdotal. Please provide some evidence. Shocking if it actually happens, I think.
    Quoted from the prog. 5% is given to foreign nationals according to their own figures. I suspect much higher but I can't be bothered to look. Take a look at council areas in large towns.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Causus Deli
    the magnitude of the foreign allocation of housing problem. .

Leave a comment:

• Causus Deli
    replied
    I would suggest the programme highlighted the important thing which is we can’t have an open debate about these things without somebody accusing us of being Nazis. The DPM candidate; blatantly lying about the magnitude of the foreign allocation of housing problem. Just why is that exactly Mr Johnson?

It will take some serious action if this country is to avoid civil disorder. All that pent up frustration and no way out, for all those ‘chavs’ and smegforbrains. I hope the Old Gregs of this world are happy with their creation.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe
    But there are some immigrants we positively encourage to come here....people like doctors and nurses fro example

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe
    But there are some immigrants we positively encourage to come here....people like doctors and nurses fro example
    were you being ironic?

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by angusglover
    Stop letting immigrants in, send the others back and then we won't have an issue will we??? Simple...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You haven't walked around Swansea recently then...
    Lots of pollution then in Swansea?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    We don't get a lot of them in wales!
    I think paying to get in puts them off.

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Five times more immigrants are given social housing than previously claimed, the Government has admitted.

Just weeks ago ministers insisted only one per cent of social housing is given to immigrants, in an attempt to quell widespread fears that they are treated better by local authorities than people born in Britain.

But after an investigation by ITV's Tonight With Trevor McDonald programme, the Government has admitted that 200,000 of Britain's social homes - five per cent of the total - were given to immigrants last year.
    advertisement

There is a waiting list of 1.5 million for the four million social houses in Britain.

Priority for houses is given to those most in need. Immigrant families cannot automatically be put to the top of the queue, but often fall into needy groups by being homeless or living in overcrowded accommodation.

The Government's original figures were published on May 21 in the midst of a controversy surrounding an article by Margaret Hodge, then the industry minister, claiming British families had more right to social housing than new migrants.

An internal Labour row saw then-deputy leadership hopefuls Alan Johnson and John Cruddas rebuke Mrs Hodge, with Johnson accusing her of using the "language of the BNP".

However, the Government was yesterday forced to confirm that the five per cent figure claimed by the television report was correct. But it denied any intention to mislead, claiming it had simply updated its calculation system since May.

Leave a comment:

• Causus Deli
    replied
    We should be outraged that we have not been able to suggest this sort of thing until now, national pride that's a bit radical. Won't some people be upset with us and break into allo allo speak and add z's to their words?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6721239.stm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X