• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Colombian Hostages !"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    blah

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You weren't wrong there then...

Is that Albert Steptoe as your avatar? My eyes aren't too good at the moment... it's the high bloodpressure & suppressed rage.
    It is indeed. I think I'm turning into him.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    That thread helped me survive madness of the permiedom

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Please get the thread to 1000 guys, I'm beginning to lose the will to live...
    Sorry Zeit, I saw the article and just knew it would start the bickering all over again.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Duh, those are the only people WORTH taking hostage you pillock!
    4500 of those high value targets? That would be more than Iraq's carnage which you have supported so strongly - stick to your Scottish football dude

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    This normally happens if hostage happens to be from non-3rd-world country or when hostage had high position in Colombia,
    Duh, those are the only people WORTH taking hostage you pillock!

Either way I'd rather take my chances in the jungle
    No doubt, I am sure we would all feel more at ease in our own element.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Do you think they will write articles about every hostage killed or even taken? This normally happens if hostage happens to be from non-3rd-world country or when hostage had high position in Colombia, click here
    and observe how many articles in the list about colombian hostage escaping, and how many about ransom being paid for them.

Either way I'd rather take my chances in the jungle rather than wait for years hoping for eventual release only to find myself being shot or beheaded.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Show link to a reputable source stating that there were 4500 hostages taken over period of 3 years there,
    I gleaned the "more than 1400 so far this year" from YOUR link you bleeding jellyhead!!

I made the presumption that this is a typical year and multiplied the >1400 by three. FFS it is not hard!
    Do try and keep up!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Show link to a reputable source stating that there were 4500 hostages taken over period of 3 years there, so far I have provided 2 links to show that you are clearly wrong about 0%, now prove you are actually right about the top figure before %-tages can be calculated. I hope even a 'tard like yourself realises that relative numbers require at least 2 absolute numbers for calculation? Show link to 4500 figure now or withdraw it.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    You asked if its still 0%, and I immediately have shown proof that it is not 0% - this contrasts with your typical gob-sh1te attitude of not only never providing any independent sources to support your words, but also ignoring those that are provided to disprove your cheap words that would have had negative weight if it was physically possible in this universe.
    Pardon me, I can see I am dealing with a heavyweight here. Alright, if I use both articles you posted and lump the figures together I am still struggling to get to 1%. Not much of a gambler are you alexei? Tell you what, keep plugging away with the SKA. With milan's invaluable assistance perhaps you will one day make enough profit to treat yourself to a second hand caravan and a new inflatable bride.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You asked if its still 0%, and I immediately have shown proof that it is not 0% - this contrasts with your typical gob-sh1te attitude of not only never providing any independent sources to support your words, but also ignoring those that are provided to disprove your cheap words that would have had negative weight if it was physically possible in this universe.

Here is one more for you loser:

"Pope denounces terrorism 10 hostages killed - Colombia - Brief Article

COLOMBIA: Pope John Paul II again condemned terrorism and the use of violence for political purposes after 10 hostages were killed in Colombia. In a May 6 telegram, the pope condemned the "abominable attack" May 5 that led to the deaths of a provincial governor and a former Colombian defense minister held hostage for more than a year, as well as eight soldiers held hostage, some for as long as four years."

More: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...9/ai_102272346

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

The rebel group kidnaps hundreds of people a year for ransom to pay for its four-decade-old war against the state. More than 1,400 people have been abducted so far this year alone.
    So let's see, somewhere around 4500 in the last 3 years at that rate, and you have found one that was killed. Mmm. Figure the odds.
    Now if you released all 4500 of them into impenetrable jungle without food, water, and maps, how many of them would have died then before rescue?
    It's not hard alexei, it just requires a degree of analytical thought. That said, perhaps for you it IS hard!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Hostage killed in Colombia:

"Japanese executive Chikao Muramatsu was confirmed dead by Colombian authorities on Tuesday, nearly three years after he was kidnapped and sold off to Marxist rebels demanding more than $US20 million in ransom."

More here: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/425822/238828

So what now will your gob-o'-sh1te spew out? Pathetic loser - for yours wifes' kids' sake I hope they are not yours

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I'd rather take my chances in the jungle than await probably or even likely death
    Remind me, what percentage of Colombian Hostages have actually been killed in the last decade? Still 0%?
    As for you taking your chances in the jungle, I doubt they would be very high for all your close proximity to the animal population.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'd rather take my chances in the jungle than await probably or even likely death without being able to fight back.

Of course being a good chap I won't just run away into the jungle - but setup camp nearby and kill abductors one by one with clever ambushes, then let all hostages free - you'd probably prefer to remain in your cell just to prove you are right though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X