• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best BBQ to buy - Weber or Outback?"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Here's a smoker....

Apparrently, she's alive and medium well :-)

IGMC.

ps...have you considered that a BBQ burns an awful lot of carbon ?

SUMMER BBQ BAN

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    does anyone have a smoker ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    but, but, but, beer barrels are made from aly and will surely melt, oil drums are made from steel

are you suggesting the beer barrel solution from experience or from a not thought through idea ?

still, give the beer barrel a try and let us know what happens

Milan.
    Have been using the base of one as a fire bowl for at least 15 years (same one). Works a treat. 4 pieces of l shaped steel to rest a grill on and the grill. light weight and simple.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    but, but, but, beer barrels are made from aly and will surely melt, oil drums are made from steel

are you suggesting the beer barrel solution from experience or from a not thought through idea ?

still, give the beer barrel a try and let us know what happens

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    what is wrong with half an oil drum and a bag of charcoal? For a more sophisticated, and smaller, version try cutting down a beer barrel. You can either cut it a la oil drum, or just take the bottom off to have a nice deep dished fire bowl.

Leave a comment:

• Barriebazg
    replied
    Originally posted by Weltchy
    Shortly buying a bbq, and have narrowed down the selection to either the Weber Q300 or an outback 2 burner elite titanium. Both cost about the same and have roughly the same features. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with either of these or can add others to the mix!!!

I have the Outback Elite Graphite 3 Burner Flatbed Barbecue and its awesome. I was very much against gas bbq's but since I have had this one with the lava coal I would never go back to the old. A big thumbs up for the Outback from me.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Wot's all this new-fangled nonsense then? Back in t'day we lit t'fire with 2 bits o'wood and some kindling then cooked the skinned animal we 'ad caught and killed wi' our bare 'ands ...

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Shortly buying a bbq, and have narrowed down the selection to either the Weber Q300 or an outback 2 burner elite titanium. Both cost about the same and have roughly the same features. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with either of these or can add others to the mix!!!
    No, but I'll be happy to put in an opinionated contribution: if it's not charcoal, it's not a barbecue, it's just an outdor grill.

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    Whats wrong with those little throw away jobbies from ASDA?

Mailman
    If I was permie, that would be my option!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied

I have a billyoh flat barbie from here

Very good...

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Whats wrong with those little throw away jobbies from ASDA?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    started a topic Best BBQ to buy - Weber or Outback?

Best BBQ to buy - Weber or Outback?

Working...
X